I just received and opened my brand new Evo and there it is - like a pimple on prom night - a super bright pixel. i know there have been a few posts regarding this, and google elicits quite a few complaints about dead or blanched pixels... i was pissed at myself because i had spent the time to put my screen protector on before checking the phone, then i was debating if it is really that bad - and then it was gone only to come back a few minutes later.

it's in the bottom center of the screen - right on the O on the phone button...

I thought perhaps i was just missing it when it vanishes - but during an update it was definitely not there.

I know it's going to be up to me in the end w/ whether or not i exchange the phone - but i was wondering if anyone had any info/advice for me on what to do next

thanks!
    06-10-2010 01:18 PM
    It's Venus.
    06-10-2010 01:26 PM
    Venus?
    06-10-2010 03:44 PM
    Venus?
    A joke I believe. A reference to the planet Venus, also known as the morning (or evening) star.

Sounds like a stuck pixel to me.

See if this helps: iphone stuck pixel fix by knox
    (do not look a this if you are affected by flashing lights or prone to flashbacks)
    06-10-2010 03:56 PM
    Hmm... great idea but no luck. Looks like I'll have to take it in or send it back...
    Very annoying.
    06-10-2010 07:37 PM
    I have the same issue. Mine is at the top right corner. If i turn my phone off and then back on the green pixel is gone. but as i use the phone the stuck green pixel comes back. The odd thing is that this just happened yesterday 6/19 and i bought the phone on 6/4.
    06-20-2010 08:37 PM
    I have what I think is a single dead pixel near the icon that brings up all the apps. Honestly, though, it doesn't bug me much.

I lived through nine months with a Pre that had a yellowish spot that was about a 1/4 of an inch tall. It was the damndest thing -- whenever I'd take it inside the Sprint store, the spot wasn't visible. Whenever out of the store, oh, was it noticeable. The guys at the store thought I was insane.

So long story short: I hadn't even thought about this dead pixel again until stumbling upon this thread. I'm pretty OCD, but for whatever reason this doesn't bug me.
    06-21-2010 02:19 AM
    it could just be stuck. look for a pixel fixer. idk if theres an andoid application or not but i know you could just search pixel fixer in youtube and that could help. alls it does is flash a bunch of colors on your screen too "unstick" the pixel. you need to run it for like ten minutes. it wont help if the pixel is dead though.

can you only see it on black or dark colored screen?
    06-21-2010 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD