Now First you need to Root the phone

either the Toast root method or the super easy unrevoked method unrevoked

Now Download from the Market AutoKiller and Overclock Widget

Now put the Overclock Widget on the Homescreen Click it then go to Advanced Setting

On "Screen On Freq Setting change it to

Min: 245000
    Max:998400

Check Differ Freq Screen Off

Now

On "Screen Off Freq Setting

change

Min 245000
    Max 245000

Then go down and check Supress Notification

Then Check Auto Start on Boot

and Save!!!

Now go to AutoKiller and Put in Custom Settings of

Hidden App 100
    Content Provider 110
    Empty App 120

and Apply

This has giving me WAY more battery life it pretty much uses none while the screen is off I unplugged my phone at 10 am and used it and at 2pm it barley went down!!
    06-10-2010 02:17 PM
    I understand what the Overclock widget is doing and what those settings indicate. What do the numbers for the AutoKiller app mean?
    06-10-2010 02:36 PM
    I understand what the Overclock widget is doing and what those settings indicate. What do the numbers for the AutoKiller app mean?
    yeah, it would be good if you could explain what those numbers do.
    06-10-2010 02:39 PM
    see this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...oted-evos.html

Personally I don't think the app has any effect on the EVO's cpu frequency.
    06-10-2010 03:28 PM
    see this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...oted-evos.html

Personally I don't think the app has any effect on the EVO's cpu frequency.
    That widget doesn't do anything more than what the phone does on it's own... Like I thought yesterday BS on that widget... If I see a thread about it again I'm going to get suspicious of a troll..
    06-10-2010 03:45 PM
    That widget doesn't do anything more than what the phone does on it's own... Like I thought yesterday BS on that widget... If I see a thread about it again I'm going to get suspicious of a troll..

What evidence do you have against the widget? I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    06-10-2010 03:58 PM
    I know the theories are that this is already done by HTC.....but you can't deny people (including myself) who have tried this and experienced little to no battery usage when the screen is off, even after 5+ hours.
    06-10-2010 04:26 PM
    because we have monitored the cpu freq with System Panel app, and there is no change no matter whether you force it to min or max speeds.
    06-10-2010 04:30 PM
    What evidence do you have against the widget? I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    I know the theories are that this is already done by HTC.....but you can't deny people (including myself) who have tried this and experienced little to no battery usage when the screen is off, even after 5+ hours.
    Read this post and install the app for yourself.. The phone scales on it's own..I'm not trying to come off as combative..sorry if it's sounding that way.. If this program works for you go for it. I don't see any benefit from it.. Just a little frustrated with battery life here. I don't run anything pulling gobs of data... gmail, exchange account, gtalk and the weather widget pulling every 3 hours.. been lucky to get through a full day yet.. signal strength is full bars (we have a booster at work) beginning to think I might have a bad battery..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post156132
    06-10-2010 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD