Gmail App not sending emails

mtbrown75

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening for the past 2 days. At any given time when I go into my gmail app to send an email, it does not send. It gets stuck in "sending mode." I have to power off my phone in order for it to work again. I have checked all of settings over and over again and this keeps happening. Is anyone else having this issue?

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with this, then did a search in this forum and found an post that solved my problem. Try going into the manage apps in settings and going in to gmail and gmail storage and deleting all the cache and whatever else in in both of those two applications. Worked for me.

mtbrown75

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with this, then did a search in this forum and found an post that solved my problem. Try going into the manage apps in settings and going in to gmail and gmail storage and deleting all the cache and whatever else in in both of those two applications. Worked for me.

Thanks for the advice. I did that and it is still doing it. I tried to send something to myself as a test message and it just stays stuck in sending mode. It does work when when I try to send emails to others, just not with my own gmail address.

st

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This might sound simple but... I assumed that my gmail was set up on my phone and thought i was sending emails only to find that even though I thought i was all googled up, I had not set up my gmail on the phone. I then received about 200 emails and sent out new versions of the ones I had tried to send.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
This might sound simple but... I assumed that my gmail was set up on my phone and thought i was sending emails only to find that even though I thought i was all googled up, I had not set up my gmail on the phone. I then received about 200 emails and sent out new versions of the ones I had tried to send.

So how did you do this as I am having this problem on my Dinc.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not for me. I think it is an issue with my rom or kernel. I am swapping them and I think it was the Virtuous custom kernel. I'm gonna swap it back again and see.