When I go to messaging and select new message, I'll type the persons name to pull them up. Lets say I type in Mark, his name pulls up but then it lists him twice like this
    Mark
    xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Mark
    xxxxxxxxxx

Why does it list it twice with and without the hyphen? It does it for everyone I have. I also noticed right when I got the phone, some contacts were added twice in the list of contacts too, so I went through and deleted the duplicates. But it still shows up twice like this with both numbers.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    06-10-2010 05:17 PM
    Not sure exactly why this is occuring. But I can tell you had a couple of numbers do this. I corrected them by going into my Google account and hit the link duplicates button. It gives you a list of duplicate names that may have different numbers or the same number entered differently. Try that and see if it helps
    06-10-2010 05:20 PM
    disregard....I found that duplicate link deal, but it still does the text thing.
    06-10-2010 07:16 PM
    Could it be a duplicate on the phone, like one is a facebook contact and one is in your Google contact list? Even though they are linked, it may show them separately when texting...
    06-10-2010 08:13 PM
    I don't have my facebook or anything else linked to the phone, at least that I am aware of lol.
    06-10-2010 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD