Really unique issue... Fixing phone WITHOUT volume control?

JacobMiW

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so a few days ago, I dropped the phone, no big deal, except I cracked the screen. So I ordered a new LCD screen and glass cover. Replaced it no problem... EXCEPT, I broke the volume button during the process. So my phone is working fine, except for no volume buttons.

Somehow, my phone is now missing Google Play, Dolphin/Internet, K-9 e-mail. The only thing it can do is text messaging and/or phone calls.

I am very good at rooting and installing ROMs. I need Dolphin and especially K-9 e-mail back. I can't think of a way to install the APK for these without having an APK installer, etc. I also can't think of a way to install a new ROM without the volume buttons. Any ideas or tricks? My upgrade expires in a month, and I will be using it on the Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC EVO 4G LTE. Either way, I just need to get Dolphin and K-9 e-mail back.

So... any ideas! I am totally open to installing a new ROM.

Thanks!

JacobMiW

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I still find it really strange that during the three days the phone was not used, all of my apps were deleted/uninstalled. Very strange. It probably needs a reset, but again, without the volume buttons... no way to do it.

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You could download the display driven ClockworkMod Rom Manager and simply use your screen (touch recovery) instead of the volume buttons.

ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Not sure why any apps would disappear. If you use a backup program, then restore them... I would probably want to do a test on your drive/sd card to make sure it isn't a hardware failure problem.

Good Luck.