Evo capping all graphics to 30FPS:The reason why graphics performance sucks right now

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is new information but hopefully this will be fixed. We need higher quality games even though I love playing my ROMs which perform well.

However, lets be civil when I say that humans can interpret 24 FPS. As long as we can have consistent performance over 24 FPS, everything should be fine...right?

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly, most of the times 30fps is fine. Less flickering and smooth movements are observed around 60fps, ex fast moving objects benefit even more from higher frame rates.. right?

jdpixel2

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not fair when some of us had to pay $500+ for a device that performs worse than a 2 year-old t-mobile G1. It does detract from the experience, and for a flagship phone that is helping android get further into mainstream, this is unacceptable.

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree, if the hero or G1 can get better frame rates , the EVO certainly should too! Hopefully they fix it before the 30day trial with Sprint ends, else I can foresee a few (including me) returning the phone back to Sprint.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im really glad I could care less about 3D gaming on my phone. To me it sounds like a big time battery sucker. I havent yet tried any old school console emulators {nes, snes etc} but to me that was the very appealing thing about android. However, like others have said if this phone is really supposed to be the first real competitor to the Iphone, then it really needs to be able to pull off 3D gaming as well or better.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree that it sucks . Freaking reminds me of my Touch Pro days and qualcomm not giving up the goods. (drivers)

Its deja vu all over again. And it ain't good.

kamiller42

May 25, 2010
Visit site
And the hits just keep on coming.... :(

HTC, please get it together. Sprint, go get'em... for your customers!

1. WiFi problem.
2. Spotty 4G.
3. Bad battery life.
4. 30fps lock.
5. Possible light leakage.

Argh!

Did I miss anything?

prdstm0nke

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It's not fair when some of us had to pay $500+ for a device that performs worse than a 2 year-old t-mobile G1. It does detract from the experience, and for a flagship phone that is helping android get further into mainstream, this is unacceptable.

did I miss the memo that we all had to buy one, whether or not we were eligible for the $199 price? dude - use the phone for the introductory period, and if the issue doesn't get addressed and you're still butt-hurt, RETURN IT.

moving along...

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any slowdown in general usage, except games, but I haven't had an android phone in the past to compare. So far, it seems snappy to me.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And the hits just keep on coming.... :(

HTC, please get it together. Sprint, go get'em... for your customers!

1. WiFi problem. I just don't think the graphic is correct
2. Spotty 4G. Wouldn't know
3. Bad battery life.Mine's been great
4. 30fps lock.Yes, that sucks
5. Possible light leakage.Not here.

Argh!

Did I miss anything?

^See above

bigblue4ever

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Send an email to dan@sprint.com and see what happens...Can't hurt... I sent an email about a service issue and actually got a call back (not from Dan) at least.

Oh if anyone does decide to send an email take a deep breath and count to 10 before you send it.. Be firm but don't sound like a 3 year old either.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Send an email to dan@sprint.com and see what happens...Can't hurt... I sent an email about a service issue and actually got a call back (not from Dan) at least.

Oh if anyone does decide to send an email take a deep breath and count to 10 before you send it.. Be firm but don't sound like a 3 year old either.

What about frank@sprint.com? Who's this Dan guy, just a random 1st level tech?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan