04-29-2019 04:55 AM
44 12
tools
    Mine was doing this and driving me crazy but I checked it again and it has been working correctly for the last 2 days. I did not change anything that I am aware of.
    06-14-2010 08:41 PM
    I'm having the same scrolling problem in contacts and text messages.
    06-23-2010 08:46 AM
    mine is intermittent as well
    06-23-2010 09:09 AM
    I started noticing the same problem a few day ago with messaging snapping back to the bottom of the screen. I am also one of the lucky ones who has a phone that has an unresponsive upper half of the screen when placed on a surface other than my hand. I'm just wondering if these are two separate issues or if the they might be interrelated? I really don't want to end up exchanging for a new phone if i don't have to.
    06-28-2010 02:57 AM
    Mine started doing it again, I did my method, fixed it again, hasn't done it in a week. It is intermittent, but I just do that crazy sounding method and it fixes it in a few seconds. Still not a permanent fix, but it works.
    06-28-2010 03:10 AM
    I had the problem before. Just loaded the latest update from HTC and the problem seems to be better now.

Others?
    06-28-2010 08:40 AM
    I am wondering if jermzz is right. My phone occasionally did the same thing with the 3G being on constantly. I have also gone through 4 GB of data in just 3 weeks! Maybe that's the social networking bug they are talking about to increase battery life?

Also, the grounding issue might have had something to do with this as well. As soon as my phone finished the update I tried scrolling through old text messages and it was fine.
    06-28-2010 09:31 AM
    I have this problem intermittently as well, with text messages *and* contacts.

This morning it was doing it, now it's not. The only "change" my phone has gone through today was a reboot.
    07-10-2010 04:59 PM
    handcent is aweseome, I second that!!
    07-10-2010 07:59 PM
    I have an issue when I select one conversation of the 15-20 I have in the phone.

Example:

I am texting person "A" and SEND a message.

Person B sends me a message.

I open up messaging and select the conversation between me and person B and for some reason the conversation with person A, and sometimes even completely random conversations, will open.

I might of done a terrible job explaining that, lol.
    07-10-2010 08:31 PM
    Well I uninstalled the task killer i had installed and the problem stopped....do i really need the task killer?

I also uninstalled the task killer... And it solved the problem. Very odd... I suppose if I REALLY need to look at old texts, which is rare, then I'll uninstall and reinstall the app... Until there's a fix.
    07-24-2010 11:46 AM
    I had the problem before. Just loaded the latest update from HTC and the problem seems to be better now.

Others?

I refuse to do the update. It made things worse overall when I did. It really didn't improve the phone in my opinion. Plus it eliminates some of the backgrounds [the android ones are removed]. I don't know if that matters to anyone else but me lol.
    07-24-2010 11:48 AM
    I also have the same scrolling issue with the default messaging app. It seems to happen after I get a large amount of messages in the same conversation. Even after I reboot the phone, the scrolling issue still persists as when i try to look at older messages, it instantly starts at the bottom no matter what.

I don't have anyone (i mean zero) linked via social networks like facebook, etc. so I don't think the 3g issue that other people mentioned in previous posts is the problem. It must be some weird software issue. I did find a way to fix the issue, which involved me going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then go to the "Running" tab and clear the data for "Text Messaging". This has seemed to resolve my issue each time the scrolling issue arises. I'm running froyo (version 2.2) on the motorola droid 2. Hope this helps. Seems like the software designers would have released a bug fix for this by now.
    08-22-2010 09:50 PM
    This is many years from your post, but I was just having the same issue. Never had the issue until i received a replacement Note 4 and now have this endless scrolling. I have 30,000 texts and dont want to lose them and couldnt research back...Just installed swiftkey keyboard and it is gone!
    09-04-2016 01:20 PM
    Had the same problem. it doesnt make a whole lot of sense but it worked for me too hahaha awesome!
    11-17-2016 09:20 PM
    Agree and this is very disturbing!!!,
    Come on ANDROID (S7 Galaxy) FIX THIS!
    *really, don't want to go to DARK side and get an APPLE.
    *I WOULD THINK YOU WOULDN'T WANT US ANDROID USERS/LOVERS TO DO SO.

my issue is writing a text message and at a point :cannot SEE what I am typing nor scroll. To SEND(?)

Please FIX ASAP. Thanks
    05-29-2017 03:45 PM
    I have SwiftKey,, still a problem
    05-29-2017 03:46 PM
    I was having this exact same problem. Here's what I did that finally fixed it for me, so far.

(I know this sounds a bit goofy and it's hard to explain but it did work.)

Holding the phone in both hands (portrait mode, not landscape, not sure if that would have mattered), I used both of my thumbs and did what I guess you could call a double scroll, right and left thumbs scrolling like crazy one after the other, scrolling so as to make the older texts visible, and after a few seconds I stopped and noticed it was back to normal. Like I said, this is hard to explain and sounds weird but it worked like a charm and the problem hasn't come back. Hope this works for you guys too.
    I had to create an account just to express my amazement that this solved my problem.

There is no way I would have even considered this if I wasn't desperate, but it worked. Thank you very much.

My phone: Honor 8 with Android 7
    02-24-2019 12:59 PM
    This just worked on my LG V30. This issue has been driving me crazy for a year. Thanks so much.
    04-29-2019 04:55 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD