So I am getting my phone from wirefly (hopefully soon - the bastards keep delaying the order!!! was supposed to have it last Tuesday until they messed up my order completely and I had to start over - thanks outsourcing companies!) and I was wondering if the back camera was getting scratched for any of you guys? I was thinking about getting a case to protect it but I would rather do without the extra bulk.
    06-11-2010 10:48 AM
    I haven't scratched mine as it's in a silicon case but I can tell you this, if you set it flat on a table or whatever it will be resting on the cameras lens.
    06-11-2010 10:53 AM
    So far mine is a ok, but I've been placing my evo facing down.
    06-11-2010 10:53 AM
    Mine's all scratched to hell. :-/
    06-11-2010 10:55 AM
    I got a few scratches on mine. I would normally be pissed, but the scratches are on the cheap protective plastic and not the actual camera lens. I can imagine that a replacement part will be available shortly. It would be really awesome if someone made a glass/crystal replacement lens for it.

Its a stupid design though. If they were going to have an extended camera lens then they should have made it from the same glass as the screen.
    06-11-2010 11:13 AM
    I have that platinum case from best buy but it still doesnt seem to do the trick....i actually cut an extra screen protector i had and put it on there(i got that idea from someone else in the forums)...and the camera takes good pictures, my barcode scanner and google goggles still work perfectly, so im sticking with that for now. but maybe i am a little too paranoid.
    06-11-2010 11:38 AM
    You're definitely not being paranoid. My covering already has 3 very, very small cracks in it. When viewing through the camera, you can see these little black dots. And when zooming in on a picture taken, you can see very fine little windshield-like cracks. Thankfully they're small, but still very distracting in photos. Hopefully someone will come out with replacements soon.
    06-13-2010 02:58 PM
    wow. some of you guys must be pretty rough with your phones. i have no case and i lay my phone down on its back but only on smooth surfaces and have no problems yet with scratches. i'm anxious to get that seidio active exo case soon so i'll have some recess for the lens. IMO it was a small design flaw for HTC not to give us a little .5 mm recess for the camera lens rather than make it totally flush.
    06-13-2010 03:13 PM
    wow. some of you guys must be pretty rough with your phones. i have no case and i lay my phone down on its back but only on smooth surfaces and have no problems yet with scratches. i'm anxious to get that seidio active exo case soon so i'll have some recess for the lens. IMO it was a small design flaw for HTC not to give us a little .5 mm recess for the camera lens rather than make it totally flush.
    It wasn't a flaw so much as a choice. They want to keep this thing thin and, so, the camera lens protrudes. I would've rather had it a bit thicker, personally, for the sake of the camera. Of course, I would've liked a keyboard on this beast, too...
    06-13-2010 03:19 PM
    All I ask is for a gel/ plastic case that has some type of flap over the camera lens. Maybe my mind is wacky, but if you can prevent the lens from getting dust or dirt in it, you'll take better photos.
    06-13-2010 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD