Weather App tells me i'm in a severe thunderstorm (It's 94 degrees & sunny actually)

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Might just remove the nice fancy clock/weather app off the front of my homescreen. It's trying to depress me (even with constant refreshing). Since 8 AM it keeps trying to tell me the the bright hot sun with no clouds in sight is a mirage and i should actually prepare for severe thunderstorms (even had the nerve to do the rain drops animation with windshield wipers)

emaster101

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Haha! Mine has been wrong a lot, when it's daylight outside it tells me it's night time even after updating over and over. I even had snow update on it this week. It also keeps changing my city.

I don't have my Evo yet but when I had a Touch Pro you had to delete the preset cities in the weather app. Should be the same....

yourownfear

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you enabled both location settings in wireless and gps cause ive not had a problem. I also traveled 3 states north yesterday and im now in Pa. It has shown me the correct weather for all the areas it reset in. I also compared the temps and stuff with the weather channel app and accuweather app. Im very pleased with it and it looks nice. I just wish you could change the clock's skin.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you enabled both location settings in wireless and gps cause ive not had a problem. I also traveled 3 states north yesterday and im now in Pa. It has shown me the correct weather for all the areas it reset in. I also compared the temps and stuff with the weather channel app and accuweather app. Im very pleased with it and it looks nice. I just wish you could change the clock's skin.

Yeah even when those are turned on, it still updates funky. I remember someone posted they contacted Sprint and got this fixed, will that help? I don't want to call Sprint unless I have to... It is a pretty app only reason why I've kept it even though it confuses me on how to dress when I wake up in the morning sometimes.

yourownfear

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah even when those are turned on, it still updates funky. I remember someone posted they contacted Sprint and got this fixed, will that help? I don't want to call Sprint unless I have to... It is a pretty app only reason why I've kept it even though it confuses me on how to dress when I wake up in the morning sometimes.

I think i can help with the dressing part. Look outside, hehe. Im sure you can get away with shorts and a short sleeve button up shirt anywhere in the US at this time of the year. Unless you live on a mountain.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are having a problem with a different city, are y'all using the Airave? I was having that issue as well, but when I either turned off the Airave, or moved from the location, the city was back to the correct one.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think i can help with the dressing part. Look outside, hehe. Im sure you can get away with shorts and a short sleeve button up shirt anywhere in the US at this time of the year. Unless you live on a mountain.

Hehe :) I'm not good at waking up in the morning, I try to squeeze in more mins. My phone is closer than the window is why lol :cool:

If you are having a problem with a different city, are y'all using the Airave? I was having that issue as well, but when I either turned off the Airave, or moved from the location, the city was back to the correct one.

No airave here.

I'll take it to a Sprint store this weekend and have them look at it :) Thanks all :D

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I let mine update automatically every 3 hours (and turn on gps periodically to update my location) and it seems to pretty accurate so far considering the update schedule. This weather update is only as accurate as the database it's getting this information from... and I have no idea which one that is.

Frankenstein

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
same thing happened to me in Atlanta after work on the way home. But it's the first time I've seen that happen. Could've been a pop up storm in the city and my gps just hadn't refreshed yet

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Well...

Right now it's 11:14 p.m. yet my weather app shows the sun brightly shining as if it were still daytime.

It's got the location right, just the apparent time of day is off. I've got the GPS and Wireless location finder activated and I've refreshed several times.

But it's still sunny on my phone and very very dark outside.

What to do?

EDIT:

I just turned the phone off and then back on again. Now it properly indicates it's night. Clouds are covering the moon just like outside. I'm thinking I shouldn't have to do this to get it to update and reflect the proper time of day. I do keep the update active all day.

Any ideas on what's up with this?

Last edited:

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the SAME issue. It says SUNNY at 9pm. I live on the east coast of the US. It is NOT sunny at 9pm here. It annoys the heck out of me to see a pretty little sun and the glare animation on my screen where there should be a moon and hazy clouds. LOL. Anybody find a fix to this??

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
GPS has to be on, you have to have weather updates checked in the weather app, AND you have to make sure the weather app is open and isn't being shut off by a task killer (shouldn't have a task killer anyway if you have one).

I remember a while ago seeing 87 and sunny at 4am here in Jersey lol..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creshosk