How do you handle "multi-tasking"?

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This week was my first full work week with the phone, and since I sometimes work from home, I use the EVO for a lot of my conference calls.

Coming from the Pre, it was easy to just have one card open with the calendar with the conference # and the other with the phone app and easily swipe from one to the other, while both were still open/active.

With the EVO (and I assume any Android phone), you have to hold the home screen, select the calendar app, memorize the numbers (anyone not familiar with teleconferences, you need the toll-free number for the conference bridge, plus your participant -or host- number), then hold the home screen button again and re-select the phone and dial the number, all the while hoping that I didn't forger the number.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a faster way to switch between apps?

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a Pre; exactly how did you manage to get the participant number into the dialer automatically? Back then I still had to "re-select the phone and dial the number, all the while hoping that I didn't forget the number" to dial the code, the only difference is you swiped cards instead of holding down "Home".

Isn't it just one small step different?

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Pre as well. You get used to the tap and hold Home bit.

I do hate surfing multiple pages on the stock browser. Now I use Dolphin HD. It has tabbed browsing and works very nicely for having multiple web pages open. It's actually a little easier to switch between pages than WebOS.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Install task os. You are able to have a view similar to card view by holding down the search key. You can scroll left to right and flick up to close a process.

Its mildly buggy from time to time, but it gives the evo more of a pre feel.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This is how I do it too... I don't think it's that hard at all and I have to tell you that the you do it on android is way easier than windows mobile. One thing that I didn't realize right away is you can select phone numbers in the mail and calendar (even if they're not highlighted) app and it'll jump into into the phone dialer.

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a Pre; exactly how did you manage to get the participant number into the dialer automatically? Back then I still had to "re-select the phone and dial the number, all the while hoping that I didn't forget the number" to dial the code, the only difference is you swiped cards instead of holding down "Home".

Isn't it just one small step different?

By having the calendar and phone app side by side, I could still view the participant code easily. Even if I forgot the number mid entry while on the phone app, I could still swipe back and forth rather easily.

Not so much with the EVO. Well, I guess is one of the trade-offs I'll have to adapt.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to click on phone numbers in calendar events (and pretty much everywhere else) and it will switch to the dialer with the number entered. I just tried it with phone numbers in three different formats and it worked fine. Then you just have to remember the participant or host code.

Are your phone numbers showing up as links in the calendar view?

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to click on phone numbers in calendar events (and pretty much everywhere else) and it will switch to the dialer with the number entered. I just tried it with phone numbers in three different formats and it worked fine. Then you just have to remember the participant or host code.

Are your phone numbers showing up as links in the calendar view?

Conference code, not phone numbers...

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Throw ann icon for the calendar on the home screen.

Phone, dial

I youf need something from calendar hit home tap calendar and it loads the last thing you were looking at.

Same thing as swiping up and sliding over. Two steps. Just less lag.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Still getting used to multitasking but I may finally new getting the hang of long pressing home.
I thought Task OS wild be better than out turned out. Probably just me since I just started closing everything.

BTW, the built in browser has windows :) Try them out.

sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im faster on the evo moving from calander, nav, phone, and back, than i was with the pre. Just a little getting use to and the hardware being so fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol