Unlimited DATA

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So i see alot of people going back a forth about is there or is-int there and cap on the DATA. Sprints cell phones have no cap but all other data plans on sprint do. I hope this clears everything up

Terms & Conditions

"Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem):The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB."

Mods please move this if you need to.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
There is no cap. Sprint cell phones never had a cap only there air cards and if you paid for tethering. The 10 fee has nothing to do with removing a "cap" there was never one to start with.

mozartkc

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Be careful here. There isn't a cap for voice/data but there IS a cap for using data while roaming. It seems as if Sprint pulled a fast one with us here...ARG. Now Im ticked. I noticed my bill online today and it had an alert because I was close to my data/roaming/cap. CS at Sprint advised me to adjust my PLR settings to avoid using data while roaming. This kinda made me wanna go back to my Pre :( I will see what I can do to keep that from happening though.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you have a little red alert triangle? I have the same thing but wouldn't be too concerned. Mine says Sprint Data Roaming used xxxx KB used 0 KB remaining then in another box xxxx Additional used and $0.00 Additional charge.

Here is a blurb of the Terms of Use that applies to the data on our phones.

Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones:Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming.

I am nowhere nearing having a majority of my data under roaming but still have the alert on my usage. I did notice a message on the Sprint site after I logged in titled "Check out our recent site fixes" One of the fixes is "An improved usage details page" that may be what were running into with the alert.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ive been with sprint about 8 years now and have seen the data roaming thing come up on a number of different phone forums. My take on the situation is, if you use a lot of roaming they will first contact you and warn you and help address the problem and then if nothing can be done after you have both tried extensively, terminate your service. You will NEVER be charged for data roaming no matter what, but you may have your service turned off. Is this a bad thing? yes and no. You dont have to pay an ETF and get to keep your brand new EVO for the discounted rate so then you could sell it on eBay and move to another carrier or make a new Sprint account in another person's (wife, brother, mother) name and activate your EVO there. Basically you will have to use SOOOO MUCH data roaming that you cost Sprint MORE than what your ETF is before they terminate you. It is all about the money and as long as they are making $0.01 off of you (slight exaggeration) each month after they have to pay the other carriers for your data roaming, they will keep you as a customer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay