How many people have disabled HTC Sense?

How Many Have Disabled HTC Sense UI?

• Total voters

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So how many of you are running this beast without the HTC Sense UI? Me personally i really enjoy the Sense UI and haven't tried turning it off yet but will probably try it sooner or later just to see the Android UI at its best.

Let me know your thoughts Android Central!

MichaelMcEntire

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying different launchers, most have been to buggy for my taste. Giving AWD a shot now, so far I really like it. If out doesn't glitch out on me to much I think I will stay with it.

roheran1

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The Evo is my first Android phone. I turned off Sense just to try it... I didn't like it as much. What I have learned in this first week is that with this OS, personal preference is literally everything, and that's what makes it great. I prefer to keep it on.

Uneducated guess: the hardware of the Evo is a little overkill for stock Android? So why not keep Sense?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried other launchers... and they aren't that great.
Some offer great features, but they also take away from certain things HTC Sense have.

I might let some of the launchers mature a bit before I use them.

I have a question. I might go back to stock.
However, does stock Android have a whole different set of widgets? What do they look like?

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried other launchers... and they aren't that great.
Some offer great features, but they also take away from certain things HTC Sense have.

I might let some of the launchers mature a bit before I use them.

I have a question. I might go back to stock.
However, does stock Android have a whole different set of widgets? What do they look like?

Thats a good question. I thought the Widgets were Android based but you may be on to something about them being tied into the Sense UI.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I love both.

Sense is nice.

Asop is also nice.

Imo, sense has some nice widgets that can mostly be replaced. Same thing with the keyboard imo swype is better and launcher pro > sense launcher.

That said you do lose the sense widgets so that can be a bummer if you can't find an adequate replacement.

Asop dialer and contacts are both superior to sense.

So really it comes down to the widgets. After playing around a bunch I have configurations for both that I like.

I highly encourage everyone to check out both for at least a week. The asop roms right now may not be ready yet for everyone but in a few weeks they will be and you would do yourself a disservice if you don't try it.

That said, I do enjoy both.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried it but went back I will try it again later when I get tired of since and want a change of pace. It's nice to have options. :)

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
They need to revamp sense. It's cool and has some nice widgets you can only use in sense but make it look pretty. I jumped over to Launcher Pro and using calendar pad still looking for a good bookmark and contact widget.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Without Sense UI Android is at best a finger friendly version of WinMO. Sense adds a bit of polish to the UI and allows non-techies the ability to use Android easier.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
To be honest it just adds flare. What does it add in terms of usability? Only the sense leap feature and a couple home screens. Otherwise, the widgets and whatnot is just flare.

Again, what so the stock widgets offer? What kind of widgets do you get on the droid or N1? I might switch over.
I might also use launcherpro beta if/once I get tired of the sense UI.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
ADW beat my Evo into submission.
Much more configurable and the launcher is awesome, horizontal "pages", instead of never ending scroll, and transparent background, Awesome. Plus I got rid of 4 useless screens.

Sense homescreen adds little to the phone IMO.