Evo gets sluggish after a while!!

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
After a while, I notice my Evo gets really sluggish after a while... I open ATK and see that there are a ton of apps that are open that I hadn't used in quite a while, such as Slacker, Qik, etc. I kill them off, but is there any way to not have them open randomly?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall them :)

Seriously, a bunch of apps seem to think they need to load and do stuff like suck your battery life. ATK is sent from God :)

After a while, I notice my Evo gets really sluggish after a while... I open ATK and see that there are a ton of apps that are open that I hadn't used in quite a while, such as Slacker, Qik, etc. I kill them off, but is there any way to not have them open randomly?

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
There is sooo many mixed messages about ATK. I have heard thats its a Godsend... I have also heard that it will kill your Android phones, and never ever use it.

Is there any info on which is true?

That is why I'd rather find another solution... I've heard both as well.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, its the only way to avoid the sluggishness you are seeing.

Blah blah blah..."android is great at shutting down apps its not using"...more like its great at opening apps you never use and wasting 90% of your RAM until you actually do something about.

Just use ATK.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I really like systempanel as opposed to atk...it also let's you see how much memory is being used by each application and let's you monitor battery life and other suff

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Also, whether you use ATK or not, one restart a day will help a lot.

With ATK, after a restart and killing all the bloatware Sprint apps, you have about 280mb of RAM free....Towards the end of the day, even after killing all running apps, the most I can reclaim is about 100mb of RAM, which is still enough for the phone to not feel sluggish. The only way to get it all back again, is a restart.

And since it only takes about 30 seconds to reboot, this isn't really a problem.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, whether you use ATK or not, one restart a day will help a lot.

With ATK, after a restart and killing all the bloatware Sprint apps, you have about 280mb of RAM free....Towards the end of the day, even after killing all running apps, the most I can reclaim is about 100mb of RAM, which is still enough for the phone to not feel sluggish. The only way to get it all back again, is a restart.

And since it only takes about 30 seconds to reboot, this isn't really a problem.

Although my phone doesn't start feeling a little sluggish until after a few days, ArkAngel's RAM observations are correct for me as well.