Help with two questions!

Sailvi767

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am an new EVO owner. Love the phone so far but it seems to be lacking two features found on my last two phones. The first is the ability to send a script after a call to log you into a company website ect.. On a Treo they referred to it as extra digits. After you place the call you tapped one icon and it would send a preloaded script to log you into a phone site. I can't find any such option on the EVO and am surprised it would not have it. Any suggestions?

The second problem is that the phone does not appear to have a secure option to keep some contacts hidden. Most phones have this option and will keep contact data you want hidden private until you put in a extra password. Again any suggestions!

Thanks for any help!!!

jjvcuyler

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The first is the ability to send a script after a call to log you into a company website ect.. On a Treo they referred to it as extra digits. After you place the call you tapped one icon and it would send a preloaded script to log you into a phone site. I can't find any such option on the EVO and am surprised it would not have it. Any suggestions?

When adding the contact's phone number, in the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard, there are the letters P and W. P will add a "pause" -- two or three seconds, I think. You can use multiple Ps as needed. W will "wait" for your input. After the call in connected, a message will pop up asking if you would like to send the string.

So your meeting contact's phone number may look like:

2125551212W12345PPP67890

which would call (212) 555-1212, wait for your ok, then dial 12345, pause for several seconds, then dial 67890.

Hope this helps.

Sailvi767

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats exactly what I am looking for! I have to make multiple calls to a site that requires a 14 digit string of numbers to sign into daily. Thanks!!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Is there any setting to slow down the tones that come after the P or W? The EVO spits out the tones faster than at least one of the teleconference services I have to dial into can follow them, which makes the capability worthless. On my Treo, I could set slow or fast, but haven't found that option yet on the EVO.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there any setting to slow down the tones that come after the P or W? The EVO spits out the tones faster than at least one of the teleconference services I have to dial into can follow them, which makes the capability worthless. On my Treo, I could set slow or fast, but haven't found that option yet on the EVO.

Can you try double the digit, so like, 33 for just one 3? maybe surrounded by more Ps ?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The P's and W's are for a certain length of time. If you need more time, simply enter two P's instead of one. It depends on the system you are calling into. You can add as many as you need to create the proper waiting period.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The P's and W's are for a certain length of time. If you need more time, simply enter two P's instead of one. It depends on the system you are calling into. You can add as many as you need to create the proper waiting period.

I think the means the actual press of the tone, like leaving your finger pushed down on a button so it generates a longer tone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49