Play wav files in email attachment

lightpost1

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have my business voice mail in forwarded to my main pop email.
However when I try to play the attachment, I get a ?attachment is missing? 0kb listing.
gmail can see the attachment, then I can choose the player, but the player doesn?t recognize the format.

Please help, otherwise I need to rethink my voice mail workflow.
-Eric

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a problem with the Palm Pre also, the EVO cannot play certain types of wav files that certain voicemail systems use. Because of security or some such thing.

There is a paid app in the market that is supposed to play these certain wav files but I haven't tried it yet. It's called "Remote Wave".

Reactions: Active_Matrix

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Remote Wave does the trick just fine for $2.98. But one would think Google Android would develop the technology to play wav files in emails.

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You'd also think Microsoft would have a WAV player in Windows Mobile (5 and 6.x), too, but they didn't -- at least the one codec used in voicemail systems.

Active_Matrix

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I do not mean to bring up the past, but I found this while googling the same problem. I noticed that there is now a free version of the app remote wave! So if you want to try it first, there is an option!

Sarvesh Nayak

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Download Es file manager and mobo player install it to your device..now open es file manager and select your wav file ..now it will show you option select player to play
1)default player
2)mobo player
3)es flie player
select mobo player now your wav file will play no need to buy app for money done tested by me!!!