Gameloft has officialy added support for the EVO 4G!!!

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Go to gameloft dot com and you will now be able to choose between the current games available for the evo like nova, hero os sparta, west coast hustle, lets golf etc. but what does this mean? Are they still the laggy ones we have seen, or have they somehow optimized it for snapdragon for better performance? Im really curious to try this out but fear for crap framerate

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
What about updates?
That's what I'm afraid of when I download online... cause if there's no support for future updates.... =/

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
No, but they should release into market ... and only let them be downloaded by certain phones.

I wish they'd do that.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Gameloft does have some games in the Market. The have Midnight Bowling 2, Prince of Persion, Asphalt 5, Dogz2, Assassin's Creed, 1 vs 100, Chessmaster, Platinum Suduoko, The Settlers. They just added all the games there, at least yet.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I wanna see if nova runs smooth (i had a pre and loved that game on it) as well as gangstar... anybody thay has it please elaborate... Smooth? Choppy? Laggy?

I can take it.. lol

alextrox69

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow....just downloaded it...spent 5bucks ....and framerate is choppy.....come on seriously...so it can play smooth on a 512 mhz itouch but not on a 1 ghz. Phone???? Smfh.....i mean its playable...but for 5 bucks....come on...

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Wow....just downloaded it...spent 5bucks ....and framerate is choppy.....come on seriously...so it can play smooth on a 512 mhz itouch but not on a 1 ghz. Phone???? Smfh.....i mean its playable...but for 5 bucks....come on...
I knew to not get my hopes up... thats Qualcomm for ya, making crippled cpu's since the htc tilt days... how hard is it to implement a good gpu on it? Thats why omap is pwning in gfx even at lower mhz...

Oh well, back to my snesoid!! Still love my evo

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well? Does it run right?

I don't think Qualcomm is to blame for this. Aren't these games optimized for the omap processors? They first made them for the iphone...
... then ported to Pre, which worked out well.

However, I wish people would make Android, snapdragon efficient games and mark them in the market as "playable on Evo, Incredible, N1"... etc.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

What game did you buy?

It's not just about the clock frequency of the phone, there's more to it.

Gameloft started developing initially on the iPhone which is using a PowerVR GPU. The next phone blessed with their games was the Pre, which is using, you guessed it, a PowerVR GPU. The reason Gameloft ported to the Pre first was because it was an easy straight port from the iPhone version to the Pre, after all, same GPU, same resolution.

Now they are porting to the Snapdragon Android phones. Higher resolution, and a different GPU, the AMD Z430, which while capable, isn't quite as good as the PowerVR. Also, since it's a different GPU and because Gameloft does quick ports, it's also not optimized for the Evo's GPU. So combine the higher resolution (could be that they just stretch the screen out and not actually render in 480 x 800), with a less capable GPU, with non optimized code for that GPU, and you're gonna see performance issues, and a whole lot of people that don't know what's going on screaming "Why won't my super phone play this game as good as my last phone!!!?"

But yeah, I wish the Snapdragon was accompanied by the next version of the PowerVR, it would have been an even bigger beast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol