locked out of my htc evo

mlex58

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I forgot my passcode for my phone and have been locked out of it for three days. Took it to the sprint store and they told me I had to reset phone, but i have pics of my newborn that passed away not saved on the sd card. Can anyone help find a way to bypass that screen at least so I can save the pics to the sd card?

drizzle2012

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I could be mistaking...but I'm almost positive if your using evo it will automatically save to the dcim folder on your SD...but I would make sure first...a suggestion would be to use your SD in a card reader or at Walmart photo and see if they show up...hope this helps

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Of course I could be wrong, but I could of sworn that the Evo4g will only save pictures on the SD card...If you take your memory card out and try to take a picture it will not let you.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just keep utting in th wront password untill it ask u what is ur gmail account and password and that should bypass the screen

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
The EVO stores camera images on the sdcard by default. On my EVO camera images are stored in the folder /sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA. Data on your SD card should not be affected when you reset your phone. Because these images understandably are extremely important to you, however, I would recommend that you use your computer to copy the contents of the /DCIM/100MEDIA folder of the SD card to the computer for your peace of mind before proceeding with the factory data reset.

lisha15

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
How many failed tries do you need for it to ask for your email and password? I've entered 115 wrong passwords and still haven't been asked for it. I just changed the password yesterday and I'm getting frustrated that I can't remember it already.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How many failed tries do you need for it to ask for your email and password? I've entered 115 wrong passwords and still haven't been asked for it. I just changed the password yesterday and I'm getting frustrated that I can't remember it already.
The only other choice you have is a reset but you will lose all your data unless you have a unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery