Gmail App not Updating Inbox

thatsmerb

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My Gmail app is not updating the inbox to show new messages. It does show the new "Unread" count at the top but it never shows any new messages. (The last one was 2 days ago).

I have been running "Task Manager" for my App Killer but uninstalled that and rebooted my phone. Also cleared the cache on the gmail app.

I am noticing that gmail in my "Mail" app is working properly.

Suggestions? :confused:

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you haven't inadvertently turned off device-wide auto-sync, I did that last night and was wondering why I wasn't getting email today. I have Gtalk auto-sync turned off and get my email fine - not sure what happens if you force stop it though, I don't do that.

thatsmerb

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
GTalk being forced closed was the issue. Thanks everyone for the replies!

Any idea how to set email notifications to replies on threads here in the forums?

cdaniel76

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Any idea how to set email notifications to replies on threads here in the forums?

Look up near the top left of any screen in these forums and click the USER CP link.

When new page opens, look in the lefthand column under SETTINGS & OPTIONS and click EDIT OPTIONS.

On the new page that opens, scroll down to MESSAGING & OPTIONS and look under the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section and be sure INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION is selected. Once you select that, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE CHANGES.

That should be it. Once you select that and after you reply to or subscribe to any thread on here it should give you an instant email notification once anyone else replies.

Hope that helps.

Vietnamwees

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My Gmail app is not updating the inbox to show new messages. It does show the new "Unread" count at the top but it never shows any new messages. (The last one was 2 days ago).

I have been running "Task Manager" for my App Killer but uninstalled that and rebooted my phone. Also cleared the cache on the gmail app.

I am noticing that gmail in my "Mail" app is working properly.

Suggestions? :confused:
Make sure Auto Sync is turned on for Gmail, if you can't find Auto-Sync
Get The Power Control app/widget from the market. Put it on one of your Homescreens, then turn on the toggle that has the Sync icon. Then goto your accounts, your gmail account, and make sure Auto Sync is turned on for it.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My Gmail app gave me soooo many fits that I quit using it, and integrated my gmail account into the normal email app. Then I turned off all notifications on the gmail app, did a force stop on it, and all is well. The android Gmail app needs some serious work.

Steve Doroff

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I had this same issue and found that an antivirus app I had downloaded turned off auto-sync of my google account to save battery. Probably true...but not that desperate. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34