Hi!

The EVO is my first Android device and I loving it!

When I connect the device to my computer, where do I place new ringtones, sms sounds, or wallpapers? Can they go on the sdcard?

Thanks for your help!

- Derek
    06-14-2010 01:03 PM
    I just learned what to do on this.

On the SD Card, create a file called "ringtones" and put those mp3's into that folder.
    06-14-2010 01:38 PM
    Ok, what about wallpapers? And what if I want to add more SMS tones?

And what about videos? How are they to be converted? Where do they go on the sdcard?
    06-14-2010 01:43 PM
    Ok, what about wallpapers? And what if I want to add more SMS tones?

And what about videos? How are they to be converted? Where do they go on the sdcard?
    +1
    I'm having the same concern..
    06-14-2010 02:34 PM
    I put some .mp4 video files in "sdcard/Videos" but when I open up the "Videos" app, it still says no videos found.

Where the heck do I place the mp4 files?
    06-14-2010 04:04 PM
    i set up a folder on the SD card named with my first and last name -

"John Smith"

i dump everything in there to keep it clean.
    06-14-2010 05:05 PM
    I saw this covered somewhere here on in other android forums . You have to convert videos through a little free program , so the video fits the evo screen and doesnt take much space .

How to convert videos and transfer them to the HTC EVO 4G - Know Your Cell
    06-14-2010 05:07 PM
    What I did was set up files to mimic whats on the device itself. I created a file named "media" on the root of the card, then placed 3 sub-files named "ringtones", "alarms" and "notifications" inside the media file. I then placed my sounds in the corresponding file and rebooted the phone. Worked for me...
    06-14-2010 07:07 PM
    There's a small little app in the marketplace called "Tone Picker" (like 40k and free) that lets you use other media apps to select ringtones and other audio clips, say for alarms, or sms notifications. Combine that with a file manager like Astro and you can then put your audio anywhere on the card, in any folder and you can use Tone Picker to let you point to it. Works very well.

I did this so that I didn't have to put the same sounds in Ringtones, Alarms and notifications as the built in picker only can look at one place at a time it seems. (Alarms looks at alarms, ringtone at ringtone folder, etc...)
    06-14-2010 08:33 PM
    All of these questions have already been answered. Please look in the wallpapers, ringtones, and themes forum & also use the search button to find plenty of threads on video conversion.
    06-14-2010 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD