Phone Randomly Restarts

EVOjet

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since Saturday night, my EVO has randomly shut off and immediately restarted on several occasions. It happened once while charging overnight, once while on an audio call and the others while the phone was not charging and not being used. Do I require a software or firmware update? Any solutions?

Ny88RiCaN

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Right now I believe it's just a problem people are having. I don't think there is anything we can do. Mine restarted three times today in my pocket... Kinda sucks and weird. Hopefully a fix is in store soon.

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine did it Saturday for the first time.

Two weeks in my phone is very buggy. Might be giving back my phone before the 30 days I'd this keeps up

djay04

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
mine started rebooting soon after I unchecked the option to "enable always on mobile data" under mobile network options i didnt realize that was it for 5 days when i unistalled all apps from the market and it kept rebooting so I went back and checked "enable always on mobile data" but then it just stay connected all the time so I did a factor data reset and left the "enable always on mobile data" option alone and for the past 3 days havent had any problems

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Mine just started doing this today. Did it 3 times and I have not made any changes in several days. Had anyone figured out why this is happening?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine reset 9 times today in 2 hours, no lie. It hasn't done it again for about 5 hours. I also have not made any changes for several days and have "enable always on data" unchecked and have for over a week.

The Twanksta

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not 100% on this but how many of you are using a task killer? I had the same issues so I began deleting apps except the atk since I was told by my sprint rep that I needed it for battery life, nothing worked. So it came down to factory reset. Since the reset I did not download ark and let Android do its thing, phone has been AMAZING since then, not to mention I can easily get 18-24 hours out of my battery with moderate/heavy usage which was not the case before the reset. I'm no computer or Android expert, bit as far as my own experience, I am pointing my finger at atk's. Hope this helps!

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hijack your thread slightly, but I just took the time to read the documentation for SystemPanel (a manual task killer for those who don't know it). I was a bit enlightened to learn that killing apps to free memory actually is detrimental to battery life because Android will have to waste energy to reload them later. Also pointed out is "It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data."

Please reference (it's a good read):
Task Management | android.nextapp.com
Why Automatic Task Killing is a Bad Idea | android.nextapp.com

I'm going to stop killing apps like Maps, and Sprint Zone, and MP3 Store for a few days and see what happens.

P.S. I've had two consecutive reboots today, we'll see what happens in the coming days.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I heard it is a problem with the battery not being fully seated, when you shut the keyboard it briefly disconnects the battery and then....oh wait, this is for the EVO, not the Pre ;-)

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Guys, listen to me. I had this problem creep up on me yesterday. The culprit was "always on data".

When I disabled that setting (unchecked it), my phone constantly rebooted. Switched always on data back on again, and voila, no more random resets. Give it a shot.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My random restarts stopped on their own so how can you possibly know that enabling "Data Always On" had any effect what so ever? Like I said, I've had that disabled for over a week and haven't had restarts.

This theory is weak.

Sent from my rockin' Evo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams