Audio player is actually pretty damn good...

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I've got a ZuneHD and one thing I longed for with my Palm Pre was a speedy, good audio quality media player on my phone. Well, the Pre is far from speedy, especially when it comes to playing music, so I was pretty amazed to find the Evo is actually a good mp3 player, especially when I hook in my Klipsch earbuds. I left the Zune at home just for this week to see how much I miss it.

EDIT: I wonder if the speediness that is coming along with Froyo will affect the audio player as well...I've got my fingers crossed.

Ny88RiCaN

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've got the Zune as well and I have been testing out the Evo with Pandora and reg, music. Definitely won't replace the Zune though because overall the Zune is such a better media player and it saves you a lot of battery life.

For a quick 5-10 minutes though If I want some music the Evo definitely isn't a bad choice.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
LOL... I also have the ZuneHD, so it looks like at least a few of us here are similar in our gadget tastes.

The media playing on the Evo is nice, but for pure media player goodness, it can't replace my ZuneHD. I would rather use the ZuneHD on a plane than my phone which I would like to have as much battery as possible when getting into a new city before I can check into a hotel.

Edited to add that I used to think that the ZuneHD screen was pretty decent and large. Compared to the Evo, it's a small little thing. The Evo definitely reset my standard of large hand-held screen. lol.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I've been using it for about 5 hours at work, and texting back and forth about a dozen times and my battery is at 60% since I took it off the charger at 6am. I really do like the quality but the Zune is just so smooth to navigate. I can understand, since it's a standalone media player, but in a pinch, this will do just fine for me. And the Zune is easy to control - if I want to skip a track, I can do it without even looking at the device. Evo, not so much.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I keep my ZuneHD for one reason, but unfortunately it's a BIG reason: Zune Pass.

I dream long and hard of a world where Android supports Zune Pass's DRM. But it will never be.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Zune HD here as well, I love the thing, I'm glad the EVO is capable, even more than capable but the Zune is my primary. During the day sometimes I will put Pandora on to get ideas of what else to download on the Zune pass.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Since there is no other port, I wonder what the distortion and db levels are at the headphone out. The iPhone was rubbish at the headphone out, but was very good at the data port where I would use my headphone amp and my Denon ADH2k's.

curthibbs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it for about 5 hours at work, and texting back and forth about a dozen times and my battery is at 60% since I took it off the charger at 6am.

That was about the same for me until I turned off the scanning for 4G (I don;t have 4G in my area), now I can go 5 hours and have 85% left.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
DoubleTwist Pandora, and Slacker Radio here. Loving it!

BTW, I wish the Android market had DI.FM. Loved having that on my Pre.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
That was about the same for me until I turned off the scanning for 4G (I don;t have 4G in my area), now I can go 5 hours and have 85% left.

How? I live in a 4g area but keep it off...and like I said, 60% after 5 hrs, media volume at half...Id love to know your configuration!

darkcovers

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I read on another forum that StreamFurious in the android market has DI.FM as a preset in their list of stations. There is a free version you can try out.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site

I've never heard of DI.fm, but it shows up in an app I purchased yesterday, RadioTime, which is $3 in the Market. I'm going to have to check DI.fm out, since it looks like its content is similar to Soma.fm (my main station network -- also included in RadioTime).

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site

I've never heard of DI.fm, but it shows up in an app I purchased yesterday, RadioTime, which is $3 in the Market. I'm going to have to check DI.fm out, since it looks it's content is similar to Soma.fm (my main station network -- also included in RadioTime).

EDIT: Missed Gekko's link.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1