Exchange evo at bestbuy.nightmare.

dodgeram02

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Got my EVO on launch day..well I need to Exchange mine for another..my screen randomly goes dim or shuts off..Also got very bad lines/bars kinda yellow tinted running from top to bottom..anyway trying to get this phone exchanged is crazy..5 besybuy stores in my city are all sold out..an they all say they dont know when they will get them....so basically i need to call in to all the damn store every other day to ask if they got one so i can exchange it..what a nightmare..any one else have this problems..hell my 30 days will be up by the time they get some extra in..then I will have to deal with sprint...really sad when they cant even keep this phone in stock..knowing it was going to be popular....

wizkidsf

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It isn't Best Buys fault they can't keep the EVO in stock. Sprint stores can't keep the phone in stock, why would you think it would be any different for a retailer? Most Best Buy stores I have been in are quite understanding when things like this happen. On an item you are trying to exchange, the 30 day policy does not apply. If its a manufacturer defect, then they will replace it no matter when you got it or when they get them back in stock.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
well that's how exchange problems happen when a popular phone comes out and they have no stock available. either keep trying, or if you are that dissatisfied, you can always go to a different carrier.

dodgeram02

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It isn't Best Buys fault they can't keep the EVO in stock. Sprint stores can't keep the phone in stock, why would you think it would be any different for a retailer? Most Best Buy stores I have been in are quite understanding when things like this happen. On an item you are trying to exchange, the 30 day policy does not apply. If its a manufacturer defect, then they will replace it no matter when you got it or when they get them back in stock.

ya I know its just a pain in the butt..cant wait to get one that actually works 100%

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The proper thing is for Sprint to have an exchange stock that all the retailers can access, faulty phone in new phone out. Obviously they aren't that business savvy.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Nope, that's Best Buy for you. I refuse to ever purchase anything from them again. They always try to pass you around to avoid conflicts. Return it, get it from RS or a Sprint store. You'll thank me.

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Contact the mangers at each store.. tell them your issue, and you expect them to HOLD ONE for you.. not that you should have to call around each day. If they refuse, ask for their district or HQ number and send them an email.

I had worked in retail for over 18 years, the quickest way to have something done is to mail a letter to the district/corporate office when a store manager won't be reasonable.. they usually respond VERY fast. (Though I've no experience with best buy so mileage my vary...)

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope, that's Best Buy for you. I refuse to ever purchase anything from them again. They always try to pass you around to avoid conflicts. Return it, get it from RS or a Sprint store. You'll thank me.

I've never had any problems with Best Buy's customer service. Anything I have ever had to return or exchange has been no problem. I also had to have my Pre repalced under their insurance plan and that was no problem either.

The problem here is NOT Best Buy. The problem is that no one can keep the Evo in stock so there aren't any to exchange for. The problem would be the same at Sprint or Radio Shack, they can't keep them in stock either.

You can't really expect them to hold on to a few just in case someone needs an exchange. Imagine going in to buy your Evo and being told that they don't have any, only to watch them pull one off the shelf for the next guy in line because he needs an exchange.

To the OP: I would talk to the store manager and ask to have one held for you when the next shipment comes in. If they aren't willing to do that, then just return it and take your business elsewhere.

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not for nothing, but if they don't have any phones to exchange them with, what exactly do you want them to do? Yeah it sucks but that's just the way it is until they get more in.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
The proper thing is for Sprint to have an exchange stock that all the retailers can access, faulty phone in new phone out. Obviously they aren't that business savvy.

Are you seriously saying that Sprint is not business savvy?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack was able to order me an exchange on Friday & had it shipped over night to the store. I'm surprise Bestbuy didn't go this route...

Genisis

May 27, 2010
Visit site
kinda agree...i dont see how this is best buy's fault. If anything its more of sprints fault. Or maybe even HTC for not having enough evo's for the high demand for the phone. Kinda like what happened with the incredible. I know it sucks that you cant get your phone replaced but dont slam best buy for something they dont have any control over.

dahlberg123

May 21, 2010
Visit site
You have a year warranty from HTC, so don't sweat it to bad.

There's a big difference between exchanging a phone within the first 30 days and sending your phone into HTC for repair, guessing that could take weeks? Guess which option I prefer :)

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had to exchange mine. They said I would get one off the next shipment, bumping a preorder back. But they had someone who never picked up there phone for 5 days so I got there's. Excellent customer service!

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my EVO on launch day..well I need to Exchange mine for another..my screen randomly goes dim or shuts off..Also got very bad lines/bars kinda yellow tinted running from top to bottom..anyway trying to get this phone exchanged is crazy..5 besybuy stores in my city are all sold out..an they all say they dont know when they will get them....so basically i need to call in to all the damn store every other day to ask if they got one so i can exchange it..what a nightmare..any one else have this problems..hell my 30 days will be up by the time they get some extra in..then I will have to deal with sprint...really sad when they cant even keep this phone in stock..knowing it was going to be popular....

I have the Incredible and thought I was having an issue with mine that needed a replacement and they were out too. I was also worried about the thirty days and who to bring it back to. Here is your solution: Call the Best Buy store where you bought it, give them your original purchase date (probably launch day) and tell them to open up your name and phone number in the system. Then explain how you are concerned with the 30 day policy and you want to swap it out for a brand new device there and that you are still within your 30 days when you are calling to complain. Offer to go to the store and prove the defect within the first 30 days. They will try to tell you that it is not their fault that they will not have the phone in your thirty day window. Just tell them that you are not looking to point a finger at anybody, you do not care who's fault it is that they do not have any, you just want a working device, and they sold it to you with that 30 day policy and have to honor that. Just be nice and they will note it to your account and get you one when they get some in.

There is really no point in trying to point fingers at anyone, just get a new working phone and be happy.

RamminIt

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's my experience with best buy and my EVO exchange...
I went in on Saturday to put my name on the list for the next shipment of EVO's for an exchange. I talked to the girl in the cell phone dept. and she immediately asked if I have my receipt and the box. I told her I just wanted to be put on the list for the next shipment. She said they keep a few in stock for exchanges. I said cool I'll be right back. I get back to best buy and she is not there but some other guy is (actually the guy who sold me my original EVO). He said he had none in stock and he couldn't even hold one for me. It got a little heated then the girl who told me they have them in stock for exchanges only comes back from lunch. I said "I thought you said you have some in stock", she said we do and got one for me. The guy looked at her and said she made him look stupid. I gave him a dirty look and we preceded with my exchange.

Moral of the story is you may need to ask a manager because apparently the employees don't have a clue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12