I wonder if I'm the first to jump back to the Pre, anybody else?

godisgov

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I know some people are going to call BS, but yeah, I'm back on the Pre. I still had it hooked up to wi-fi, so was getting my emails and Google Talk. As cool as Swype and voice to text are, the physical keyboard is just so much more efficient for me.

I put the EVO on Craigslist yesterday for $500 to see what would happen. I guess these really are sold out everywhere because I made the exchange 3 hours later.

I love Android and the EVO is the best phone out right now, iPhone 4 included (no, I haven't used one, but let's be real here, Evo is better), but I played with it so much since launch day that I'll be fine.

This buys me time for the Galaxy S Pro, or new WebOS device. Also when I do get my true Pre replacement, Sprint should have the 4G rolled out here in LA/OC area.

So anybody else yet? I know I won't be the only one missing a physical qwerty and with Sprint's ridiculously nice return policy, there will be others.

beaker77

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No way in hell would I got back to my Pre! My wife still has a Pre (she can't upgrade until July 1st) and it feels like a toy now that I have the EVO.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if people who bought the Evo, knowing they prefer a physical keyboard to the virtual one (and that is a valid arguement), thought that they would adapt to the virtual one. I refuse to let the wife get an Evo just for that reason. She saw the Swype demo and thought about it, but I know in the end it's not going to work for her. Even I miss it every now and again. Did you think you would adapt to a non-physical keyboard?

ret2961#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Man, I loved WebOS but there is no way I could go back to that tiny screen...

Sorry brother. You. Are. Alone. (or at least a minority)

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hmm I owned a pre for about 8 months and I couldn't even get myself to go back to the pre from the HTC Hero can't even imagine going back from the Evo.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This buys me time for ... [a] new WebOS device.

Allow me to give you a moment of clarity:

"We didn?t buy Palm to be in the smartphone business. And I tell people that, but it doesn?t seem to resonate well. We bought it for the IP. The WebOS is one of the two ground-up pieces of software that is built as a web operating environment?We have tens of millions of HP small form factor web-connected devices?Now imagine that being a web-connected environment where now you can get a common look and feel and a common set of services laid against that environment. That is a very value proposition." -HP CEO Mark Hurd

Gave my Pre to my wife, no way in hell I'm switching back.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm afraid you are on your own here pal. I had the chance to get the pre when it came out but I hated the hardware, felt like a toy in the hand. So I got a touch pro instead which I eventually traded out for a blackberry tour. Loved both phones but now that I have my Evo I wouldn't trade it for the world and while I did think I would miss my physical keyboard I must say that, that statement couldn't be any further from the truth. Especially with the intuitive testing feature, even if I hit a wrong key or two the phone still seems to know what I'm spelling and fixes it for me. So in short my friend you are indeed alone. Good luck.

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I left my Pre somewhere, can't remember where nor do I care where it might be. I now own the EVO and will not look for my Pre unless someone wants to buy it.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Going back to the Pre is ... Inconceivable !

to give yp an EVO would be like taking fire away from caveman. Where in world would we be as humans if something like that happened ?

Same thing with the EVO it's like our fire !...;)

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My Pre is now being loved by my mother-in-law who bought me the Evo so she could have my Pre. She enjoys it and loves the small size and physical keyboard. She is happy that I love my phone, and smiles when she sees me using it.

The things I loved about the Pre will probably be implemented in Android sooner or later (the calendar, most of all), but the rest, I can do without. I love the Evo, and couldn't go back anymore. I've been spoiled.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, the only reason provided by the OP was a physical keyboard. It would seem to me that physical keyboard vs. virtual would be a decision that could be made prior to purchasing the EVO. Just go out and buy an iPod Touch, use it for a day typing, then return it.

There are so many other differences between the two, I find it hard to believe that physical keyboard vs. virtual would be difficult to believe as the only reason for switching back.

wado1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't do it. I used my pre to get some contacts off and it felt like a childs toy after using the EVO. WebOS is great but EVO > Pre.

I enjoy Swype much more than the physical keyboard. The Pre's slider started loosening on me and I hated that feeling like it could break or malfunction like the charger door or power button. SWYPE FTMW.

godisgov

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Haha, all alone on my island. I did expect a bunch of condescending responses in the EVO forum. Most of you guys aren't too bad but a few seem to take it as a personal attack. Hey there, you and your phone are not the same entity. Lighten up. :)

I run my own business from home, so what I use for media most of the time is not my phone. I got lucky with a Pre that hasn't had issues and it's more efficient for emails and texting, which is most of my phone usage.

It was a very logical decision and I won't regret it because I made $400 short term (factoring in what the Pre would've sold for), there's no 4G here yet, that Samsung Galaxy Pro looks nice, and if that's not my next phone, then there are always more options on the horizon.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Haha, all alone on my island. I did expect a bunch of condescending responses in the EVO forum. Most of you guys aren't too bad but a few seem to take it as a personal attack. Hey there, you and your phone are not the same entity. Lighten up. :)

I run my own business from home, so what I use for media most of the time is not my phone. I got lucky with a Pre that hasn't had issues and it's more efficient for emails and texting, which is most of my phone usage.

It was a very logical decision and I won't regret it because I made $400 short term (factoring in what the Pre would've sold for), there's no 4G here yet, that Samsung Galaxy Pro looks nice, and if that's not my next phone, then there are always more options on the horizon.

Bottom line is that you have the freedom to choose the device and OS you prefer. It's a choice you have to live with, and if you're happy with it, to heck with anyone else's opinion (mine included!).

Good luck with the Pre; I loved mine. Now I look back at it like I do an old girlfriend. It was a nice ride, but now it's time to move on and get serious. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2