hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Well a little negative here but can you blame me? i "ordered" my EVO last Wednesday from the sprint store thinking it would be in within the next three days, however here i am a week later they they still are not able to push the order through cause the sprint store cannot even get it ordered since its completely sold out. it feels like ive been waiting forever. I also found out if i would of just decided to order through radioshack i would of had it on that friday.

sorry for the rant, but i just want my evo already.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I got mine in just in time through Sprint.com on last Tuesday night. They shipped it out the next day (Wednesday) and I received it Thursday.

Good luck!

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt have ordered in store, Online would have been your best bet.

Did the store guarantee a time of arrival ?

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Cancel the order then and go to Best Buy or Radio Shack. If they can't push it through, then just cancel it.

Its still sold out at all the other stores but i can still order from radioshack. Since ive already been waiting a week i dont want to cancel and then get on another list and chance missing out on sprint finally getting the order. Ive called them almost every day since wednesday to see if the order was available. they said almost the same thing every time, "we still cannot order it, were hoping itll be available tomorrow".

today i actually did not call though, i just hoping they got it ordered and itll be ready tomorow. i doubt thatll happen though.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt have ordered in store, Online would have been your best bet.

Did the store guarantee a time of arrival ?

they didnt gaurantee that but they told me that they would probably be able to order it the next day.

The reason i went to the sprint store is because on wednesday i called everywhere and the only place that said they had the evo in stock was walmart, so i was all excited and i drove up to the local walmart and looked for the evo. when i got to the wireless section i noticed they didnt even carry sprint. these people are so dumb. so i called around and nobody had it and i decided if im gonna order it, maybe sprint would get it the fastest. i was clearly wrong. btw i hate walmart even more now than i already did.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Something sounds messed up. I ordered an Evo this past Saturday, and on Monday (yesterday) I had it in my hands.

Only thing I can't do is activate it. I tried to last night (Monday) and I have to pay 80 bucks pro-rate charge since I am towards the end of my billing cycle. So... I have to wait 3 more days before I can activate it. :mad:

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Something sounds messed up. I ordered an Evo this past Saturday, and on Monday (yesterday) I had it in my hands.

Only thing I can't do is activate it. I tried to last night (Monday) and I have to pay 80 bucks pro-rate charge since I am towards the end of my billing cycle. So... I have to wait 3 more days before I can activate it. :mad:

that doesnt sound right, unless you were not on a data plan before the evo.

did you order it online?

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear you haven't got your EVO yet but your still in a better boat then me I bought the EVO online only to find out the phone can not be activated in the state I live in due to some kinda of contract issue with the local owner of the towers so until Sprint and Swiftel the owner of the towers in my area reach an agreement I'm stuck with a paper weight

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
that doesnt sound right, unless you were not on a data plan before the evo.

did you order it online?

I have had the everything data 900 since October 2008 when I went from Nextel (iDEN) to qChat (V950) and needed unlimited data. The CSR told me because of changing my plan (that stupid 10 dollar a month fee) that it would end up prorating my account and I would have to pay double since I was at the end of my cycle. I was on the phone with them for over an hour after 4 failed attempts to ESN swap my phone online. She claimed to have talked to her managers too and they couldn't do anything for me.

Yes, I ordered the phone through Sprint dot com on the 12th when it showed up as being 'in stock' for about 20 hours before selling out.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear you haven't got your EVO yet but your still in a better boat then me I bought the EVO online only to find out the phone can not be activated in the state I live in due to some kinda of contract issue with the local owner of the towers so until Sprint and Swiftel the owner of the towers in my area reach an agreement I'm stuck with a paper weight

sorry to hear about that, that really sucks. on the other hand, you have the coolest paperweight ever (it even has a kickstand).

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried activiating it online ? I dont have the link handy but it does an ESN swap. Might be able to slip it through.

If not, I know you can change your phone number and be able to activate.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Oh crap... I am in Sioux Falls, and last I heard Sprint/Swiftel renewed their agreement to run through the next 5-10 years. That sounds like some B.S. right there! Sorry to hear that man

I don't think my activation issue is due to being under Swifel (my billing address is still the Chicago area).

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
If you just need to add the $10 fee then only that will be pro-rated. For example, if you are 1/2 way through your billing cycle you would pay $5 for the rest of the billing cycle and $10 for the next billing cycle.

If you are really changing plans then yes, that is true. But why does it matter? Just make the change and it will show up on your next bill. I don't see the issue.

I have had the everything data 900 since October 2008 when I went from Nextel (iDEN) to qChat (V950) and needed unlimited data. The CSR told me because of changing my plan (that stupid 10 dollar a month fee) that it would end up prorating my account and I would have to pay double since I was at the end of my cycle. I was on the phone with them for over an hour after 4 failed attempts to ESN swap my phone online. She claimed to have talked to her managers too and they couldn't do anything for me.

Yes, I ordered the phone through Sprint dot com on the 12th when it showed up as being 'in stock' for about 20 hours before selling out.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you just need to add the $10 fee then only that will be pro-rated. For example, if you are 1/2 way through your billing cycle you would pay $5 for the rest of the billing cycle and $10 for the next billing cycle.

I think it's actually the other way around. Technically, you pay for your cell plan in advance, so you'd be charged $20 total for the current month plus the next, then credited $5 back for being halfway through the billing cycle.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

If you are really changing plans then yes, that is true. But why does it matter? Just make the change and it will show up on your next bill. I don't see the issue.

The issue is Sprint told me that by adding that 10 dollar fee, that my plan 'resets' and gets prorated, therefore I have to pay an additional 80 dollars. I am telling you exactly what Sprint told me.

I know that it *should* only be 20 bucks, and that I can deal with, but they are telling me it would be 80 dollars.. and no, I am not trying to change my plan... I'm just trying to get my Evo activated.

Yes, we all agree that it shouldn't be an issue, but for some reason it is. :confused:

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Even if it does reset why does that matter? You are not going to be charged more in the end.

The issue is Sprint told me that by adding that 10 dollar fee, that my plan 'resets' and gets prorated, therefore I have to pay an additional 80 dollars. I am telling you exactly what Sprint told me.

I know that it *should* only be 20 bucks, and that I can deal with, but they are telling me it would be 80 dollars.. and no, I am not trying to change my plan... I'm just trying to get my Evo activated.

Yes, we all agree that it shouldn't be an issue, but for some reason it is. :confused:

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My billing cycle ended 6 days after I got the EVO and well, i still got charged the full $10.00

That sounds right from what the rep told me. She said this issue comes up w/ people towards the end of their billing cycle (mine restarts Friday). But for some reason, Sprint's system will not let them avoid that charge. She told me her manager tried 3 times to get it to work, but for some reason kept getting errors, and quite frankly I can't justify 80 dollar prorate for 3 days of service before my cycle restarts for the next month.:mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci