fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Even if it does reset why does that matter? You are not going to be charged more in the end.

Yes, I am. I don't know how else to explain this...

I *WILL* get hit with an additional 80 dollar charge if I try to activate it. All I know is the rep put a note on my account to let the change take place on Friday - but I need to call in to complete the activation. She told me if they activate it I will get hit with that extra 80 dollar charge.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Well a little negative here but can you blame me? i "ordered" my EVO last Wednesday from the sprint store thinking it would be in within the next three days, however here i am a week later they they still are not able to push the order through cause the sprint store cannot even get it ordered since its completely sold out. it feels like ive been waiting forever. I also found out if i would of just decided to order through radioshack i would of had it on that friday.

sorry for the rant, but i just want my evo already.
Why is this sprints fail? Everyone knew when this thing was coming out, sounds like YOU failed by not getting it on launch day. Why does everyone blame Sprint for everything?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am. I don't know how else to explain this...

I *WILL* get hit with an additional 80 dollar charge if I try to activate it. All I know is the rep put a note on my account to let the change take place on Friday - but I need to call in to complete the activation. She told me if they activate it I will get hit with that extra 80 dollar charge.

Are you sure you won't get credited back for the time spent on your old plan?

Like let's say your old plan was $60/mo. They'll back charge you the $80 for the month for the new plan, but credit you back ~$52 so basically your only paying the difference. Unless your old plan was much less than $80 in which case you're paying a lot more to be on a plan for a couple days.

I'm trying to remember the last time I changed my plan, but it involved something like that with a credit for the old plan and then being back charged to the beginning of the cycle for the new plan.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well a little negative here but can you blame me? i "ordered" my EVO last Wednesday from the sprint store thinking it would be in within the next three days, however here i am a week later they they still are not able to push the order through cause the sprint store cannot even get it ordered since its completely sold out. it feels like ive been waiting forever. I also found out if i would of just decided to order through radioshack i would of had it on that friday.

sorry for the rant, but i just want my evo already.

Dude call your local Wal-Mart stores and ask if they carry Sprint... When I read they were sold out I checked my local Wal-Mart and they had 4 on the shelf.. I travel for a living and all across the state of TN at least I have checked 8 or 9 Wal-Marts that sell Sprint and they each had a minimum of 4 on the shelf and one had 9 on the shelf.... I just don't think people think about Wal-Mart having Sprint or Cell phones in general.... Call around real quick you might be able to get one RIGHT NOW!!!!

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you won't get credited back for the time spent on your old plan?

Like let's say your old plan was $60/mo. They'll back charge you the $80 for the month for the new plan, but credit you back ~$52 so basically your only paying the difference. Unless your old plan was much less than $80 in which case you're paying a lot more to be on a plan for a couple days.

I'm trying to remember the last time I changed my plan, but it involved something like that with a credit for the old plan and then being back charged to the beginning of the cycle for the new plan.

I did ask about being credited back, but she said they couldn't do that (it was one of the options her supervisor was trying to do for me, but their computer system wouldn't allow it)

I've had that issue in the past with Nextel, and they were able to credit back no problem, but for some reason Sprint can't. It is very stupid that they can't help me out

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Here you go. My billing cycle starts on the 5th of the month, in other words, the day after I got the Evo. They billed me $10 for the following month's Evo charge, and $0.33 for the one day ($10.00/30 days). The extra $7 is for the TEP. 1 day left is as close as you can get, heh. Not sure where that prorating is coming from as the $10 charge is not part of the plan, it's an additional charge.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Here you go. My billing cycle starts on the 5th of the month, in other words, the day after I got the Evo. They billed me $10 for the following month's Evo charge, and $0.33 for the one day ($10.00/30 days). The extra $7 is for the TEP. 1 day left is as close as you can get, heh. Not sure where that prorating is coming from as the $10 charge is not part of the plan, it's an additional charge.

I hear ya dude. I have no idea where they got 80 dollars from either. I'm going to try again tonight when my wife gets home so I can call from her cell phone and see what I can do with this B.S. I don't want to do on-line chat because there could be a communication breakdown, and I'd rather speak to a 'real' person.

It is just insane... and hopefully I can get it resolved. I really want to play with the Evo, but don't want to mess with it until it is fully activated. But I have a feeling my Innocase Limited Edition from Amazon will arrive before I get my phone up and running. besides.. my wife is getting excited too because I am going to give her my Pre but can't until I get the Evo activated (unless I go back to my v950 for a few days... :cool:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya dude. I have no idea where they got 80 dollars from either. I'm going to try again tonight when my wife gets home so I can call from her cell phone and see what I can do with this B.S. I don't want to do on-line chat because there could be a communication breakdown, and I'd rather speak to a 'real' person.

Sounds like the first rep you spoke with misinterpreted their own policy (thinking the Evo premium was a separate plan) and now now you have incorrect notes on your account so if/when it got escalated, whoever looked at it next was also dealing with the wrong information.

Try to start from scratch and they should get you squared away.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hear about that, that really sucks. on the other hand, you have the coolest paperweight ever (it even has a kickstand).

Not to mention the most expensive lol

Have you tried activiating it online ? I dont have the link handy but it does an ESN swap. Might be able to slip it through.

If not, I know you can change your phone number and be able to activate.

I tried online didn't work, I don't want to change my number as I like having a local number and just switched back. I was with AT&T for a year to get the iphone and had to get an Iowa number it sucked ass having to remember to dial the area code before dialing any local number not a big deal just annoying so ill wait it out.

Oh crap... I am in Sioux Falls, and last I heard Sprint/Swiftel renewed their agreement to run through the next 5-10 years. That sounds like some B.S. right there! Sorry to hear that man

I don't think my activation issue is due to being under Swifel (my billing address is still the Chicago area).

Yea Swiftel/Sprint did renew but they have not come to an agreement over the EVO from what I know they are trying to get Sprint to agree to help fund a 4G tower upgrade here before they will sell the phone. Also the activation issue falls on the area code not the address, they put a block in there system to not let any 605 or 712 numbers activate with the EVO plan until they reach and agreement with Swiftel. Trust me I spent 4 hours on the phone with tech support and even tried using a MN address no luck. I have been in contact with a rep by the name of Victoria from Dan Hesse's office trying to get something worked out since I contacted her prior to buying the phone because I knew it would not be carried here right away. Since she promised me it would activate just fine she is working to figure out a solution so i can keep my local number, she is suppose to get back to me some time this week.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea Swiftel/Sprint did renew but they have not come to an agreement over the EVO from what I know they are trying to get Sprint to agree to help fund a 4G tower upgrade here before they will sell the phone. Also the activation issue falls on the area code not the address, they put a block in there system to not let any 605 or 712 numbers activate with the EVO plan until they reach and agreement with Swiftel. Trust me I spent 4 hours on the phone with tech support and even tried using a MN address no luck. I have been in contact with a rep by the name of Victoria from Dan Hesse's office trying to get something worked out since I contacted her prior to buying the phone because I knew it would not be carried here right away. Since she promised me it would activate just fine she is working to figure out a solution so i can keep my local number, she is suppose to get back to me some time this week.

I hope they can figure something out for you. I still have a 630 area code (Chicago burbs) so I'm sure I won't have an issue. I just wish Sprint would buy out Swiftel, add CDMA to the iDEN sites since Nextel gets better coverage, and just end all the crap with these stupid affiliates.

As far as the 4G goes... that made me nervous. It took Swiftel many months to get EVDO up and running (that was part of their contract), and I have no faith about them adding Clearwire equipment.

The funny thing is though.. BridgeMaxx has a 4G network up and running in Sioux Falls. It is the same 4G that Sprint is using (Digital Bridge owns BridgeMaxx, and they use the Clearwire tech running at the same 2.5GHz) I was thinking they would get a roaming agreement worked out.. I know there is another city (maybe boise idaho) that Digital Bridge has 4G up and running and it is a test city with Sprint for 4G roaming. Now I am starting to understand why the Sprint store in Sioux Falls said they are not getting any Evos until sometime in August.. kind of hard to sell a phone you can't activate.

Either way I really hope they can figure something out for you. It is a shame politics get in the way of the customer

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope they can figure something out for you. I still have a 630 area code (Chicago burbs) so I'm sure I won't have an issue. I just wish Sprint would buy out Swiftel, add CDMA to the iDEN sites since Nextel gets better coverage, and just end all the crap with these stupid affiliates.

As far as the 4G goes... that made me nervous. It took Swiftel many months to get EVDO up and running (that was part of their contract), and I have no faith about them adding Clearwire equipment.

The funny thing is though.. BridgeMaxx has a 4G network up and running in Sioux Falls. It is the same 4G that Sprint is using (Digital Bridge owns BridgeMaxx, and they use the Clearwire tech running at the same 2.5GHz) I was thinking they would get a roaming agreement worked out.. I know there is another city (maybe boise idaho) that Digital Bridge has 4G up and running and it is a test city with Sprint for 4G roaming. Now I am starting to understand why the Sprint store in Sioux Falls said they are not getting any Evos until sometime in August.. kind of hard to sell a phone you can't activate.

Either way I really hope they can figure something out for you. It is a shame politics get in the way of the customer

Yea that Roaming agreement could be the agreement there trying to work out who knows, as far as the Sprint store there clueless one minute they tell me July 1st next I hear August 1st so I have no Idea I'm rocking a Hero for now which only cost $30 from Best Buy which I was planning to return and then buy the EVO but because of all the BS Victoria the Sprint rep is crediting me back all the rebates onto my account since as of right now I can no longer return my Hero and if I could have the system would have automatically credited me the $150 online discount since I bought the EVO online so she is going to manually credit me the $150 instant discount and the $100 mail in rebate since I won't be able to get that either so all in all I bought both phones for the new customer pricing so Ill sell my Hero once I get the EVO activated and end up paying less the $200 when its all said in done lol just sucks I can't use it yet on anything other then wifi lol

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Why is this sprints fail? Everyone knew when this thing was coming out, sounds like YOU failed by not getting it on launch day. Why does everyone blame Sprint for everything?

If Sprint will only move your upgrade date 2 weeks (even after you've paid your 12th month bill as a Premier) , then it's Sprint's fail. It sure the hell isn't the consumer's, their contract through Premier is paid, and Sprint loses no money by moving the upgrade date to immediate status.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

first off my upgrade was not available until a week after the evo came out so i could not preorder. secondly sprint was not stocked up enough with evo considering other stores, such as online vendors or radioshack, have been able to get stock. and third they told me it would take much shorter than it actually is taking. all of these reasons = sprint fail

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Dude call your local Wal-Mart stores and ask if they carry Sprint... When I read they were sold out I checked my local Wal-Mart and they had 4 on the shelf.. I travel for a living and all across the state of TN at least I have checked 8 or 9 Wal-Marts that sell Sprint and they each had a minimum of 4 on the shelf and one had 9 on the shelf.... I just don't think people think about Wal-Mart having Sprint or Cell phones in general.... Call around real quick you might be able to get one RIGHT NOW!!!!

i already called (i tried that before i went to the sprint store) and asked their wireless section over the phone and said "do you have the HTC evo in stock?" after a minute or so of searching he comes back and tells me yes they do. when i showed up at the store to purchase it, they didnt even carry sprint whatsoever :mad: . what a dumbass

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i already called (i tried that before i went to the sprint store) and asked their wireless section over the phone and said "do you have the HTC evo in stock?" after a minute or so of searching he comes back and tells me yes they do. when i showed up at the store to purchase it, they didnt even carry sprint whatsoever :mad: . what a dumbass

WOW.. Sorry dude.... I was even in the Walmart in Chattanooga, TN yesterday and they had 3 on the shelf.....

Well good luck my friend...

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Can you at the very least hook up to home wifi or something so you can play with it while you wait for the activation? (and avoid the extra $80 charge)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair