Weird battery thing just started today!!

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
So i have had my phone for a week, and use it in the same manor pretty much everyday. Today, my batterylife is noticably worse than ever before and when i go in to see whats using it, "Android System" is at 96%!!! the only other 2 things i am even showing is Cell standby and phone idle and they are both at 2%

Very strange as when i checked it before its usually WAAAAAY lower. and there are usually more things being shown

Any thoughts or suggestions on what i could do to get that down?

I have not changed ANYTHING from what i was doing previously and have taken the tips provided in other threads to "improve battery life" I can usually get through about 13-14 hours of medium use, but i am at 7 and almost dead.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i deleted the battery % widget because i don't think the % are accurate on any of them. i stick with the broad default battery bar at the top. and guess what? i'm less stressed about the battery and not getting caught up in (wrong) minutiae. i don't need to track every % - especially when it's often wrong.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I had something similar happen the other day, not sure what caused it, but man it killed my battery quickly.

I think I'm gonna take Gekko's lead and get rid of Battery Indicator and just stop stressing about it. I'll charge it when I need to and stop worrying about it.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
lol.. i agree with that and i do not have that widget even installed... What i am referring to is when you go into the settings - about phone-battery-battery use. I am not one of those freaking out because my battery life doesnt last a week.

But, i know what i have been seeing and been around android long enough to know what i should see when i look at this screen, and "android system" at 90+% is just not right...

I have seen cell standby and display get upwards of 50%.. but 90%+ for android system (which from my experience is usually around 8 - 20% max) just isnt right.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
And FTR.. i feel that for what this phone does and under normal circumstances, i have been getting pretty decent battery life.. so i am not one of "those" guys! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty