how to deactivate app without uninstalling it?

sniles

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of trying this app myself, but it sounds like you had a bad experience with it. How does it work on EVO?

As to your question, other Caller ID apps I've looked at (whitepages.com) have settings for whether or not it looks up calls when a call comes in. Have you looked through all the settings?

I saw a screenshot of the "Preferences" for Super CallerID at this site: Super Caller ID , Who’s calling your Phone: Android App Review | Androidheadlines.com

Click the screenshot of the splashscreen to see the other screenshots. I didn't see a preference for it to not answer, but I did see one to put the popup at the top or at the bottom. I don't know if that would resolve the problem you're having now or not.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I have this app super caller id that keeps popin up no matter what. Besides uninstalling what can I do?

Try Menu-->Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Choose your application-->Force Stop it

It will come back on reboot, so you will have to stop it again if you do reboot.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The application System Panel has the ability to "Freeze" (and thaw) an app. I haven't tried it, but supposedly it prevents an app from running without deleting it. If you DO want to use the app, you'll need to go into System Panel and let it run again.

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you've rooted your phone, get Root Explorer (etc) and go into /data/app/. Find the super caller id .apk file and rename it to *.apk.bak or something. When you want to reenable the app, rename it back to *.apk