Post your battery usage screen

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Went to bed last night.. unplugged it from the charger at 97% battery.. 9hrs later when i picked it up.. my battery was in the red.. At my house i have full 5 bars of cell reception all the time..

Should my cell standby and phone idle be using up that much battery ?

mail.google.com.jpeg

*Edit, this is an EVO by the way*

Last edited:

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your phone isn't sleeping. Download the app spare parts and repeat the experiment. In the morning open spare parts and look at battery history choose the option for partial wake usage. If you see anything that is using more than a few minutes of partial wake usage that app is what is keeping your phone from sleeping. The phone should be able to sleep for at least 24 hours if not more without killing the battery.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
yes something is eating your cpu resources. you could also install system panel, but you would need the paid version to track cpu usage over an 8 hour period. but it gives you a list of each app and what percentage of cpu each app used, and shows it on a timeline, so you can see exactly when each app was doing stuff. sounds like an app is not letting your device sleep.

i've slept with my device on for 12 hours and only lost 11%. nexus one, though. but still, that isnt normal.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My Evo always has meebo on especially during the night just in case my family overseas wants to IM me :)

snap20100616132038.png

Reuploaded, didn't notice attachment would come out so small and unreadable.

Last edited:

zhens

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My Evo always has meebo on especially during the night just in case my family overseas wants to IM me :)

snap20100616132038.png

Reuploaded, didn't notice attachment would come out so small and unreadable.

13 hours unplugged and your battery is still that close to 90%??!?!?!?

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
are your phones lying idle? jesus i thought i was getting good life, i give my phone moderate to heavy use everyday and get around 15-17 hours of it.

streaming music, lots of btunes, lots of internet, my location on, gps off, 4g off (sometimes on for a couple min), wifi off, LOTS of text, and about an hour of calls.

but 14 hours and 90% is awesome! i want that! :)

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
13 hours unplugged and your battery is still that close to 90%??!?!?!?

During those 13 hours I was mainly asleep for 9 hours and the phone only had meebo app running in the background during my sleep time. The rest it was on mild meebo chat use with my family, I did some mild google search and pic txt'ing back and forth with my mother. Didn't use it all that much.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So this guy's battery isn't being treated fairly by his settings. Since something is off....just how should the settings look which are battery friendly?

What's good and acceptable? And I take it his consumption is bad so we have that example.

bozman42

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
After reading the suggestions to install Spare Parts, I did so, and noticed a few strange things. I had run Sprint TV this morning to watch the World Cup so in order to make sure none of that stuff was affecting what I saw in Spare Parts, I plugged the phone in and let it charge a while. I then powered it off, unplugged and restarted it. After doing a little bit of stuff in Market (installed AppBrain, uninstalled another app), I ran Spare Parts again and this was my result.

Is this normal? What is the '0'?

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So this guy's battery isn't being treated fairly by his settings. Since something is off....just how should the settings look which are battery friendly?

What's good and acceptable? And I take it his consumption is bad so we have that example.

I'd like to know as well because I've left my phone unplugged several times already at night and have never woken up in the red zone ever. I've even had my media player playing a couple of times to put me to sleep and that's with meebo up and running as well unplugged.

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
During those 13 hours I was mainly asleep for 9 hours and the phone only had meebo app running in the background during my sleep time. The rest it was on mild meebo chat use with my family, I did some mild google search and pic txt'ing back and forth with my mother. Didn't use it all that much.

But still that's amazing battery life!!! Mine won't sit at 90 % while sitting in my pocket for two hours and nothing running in the background :(

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
snap20100616_010554.png

This is what mine looks like now. My battery used to perform almost exactly as poorly as your's until I did a hard reset.

For the love of god would someone tell me how to do a hard reset?!
I've asked in three other threads and no one responds

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
pretty hard to get answers on this forum for some reason. I experience this everyday. Get used to it. Don't mean to be rude....just stating what I've examined.

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Google is your best friend if all else fails :)

How to hard reset the HTC EVO 4g

That was the site I used when I had power button problems with mine.

Thanks, and by the way. I was on my phone when I first saw your reply and I tried to thank you from there but i didn't do anything and then my internet completely froze. I tried closing it, going to other websites, deleting the history, cache...nothing and finally I had to d/l an app killer just to close the internet down.....this phone is super buggy

Edit: and wouldn't you know, I follow the instructions word for word and they DO NOT WORK.....atleast for my phone. When I hold the volume down button and hit the power button nothing happens! and I know I'm doing it right because if I hold the volume up button I get the bootloader

Last edited:

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, and by the way. I was on my phone when I first saw your reply and I tried to thank you from there but i didn't do anything and then my internet completely froze. I tried closing it, going to other websites, deleting the history, cache...nothing and finally I had to d/l an app killer just to close the internet down.....this phone is super buggy

Edit: and wouldn't you know, I follow the instructions word for word and they DO NOT WORK.....atleast for my phone. When I hold the volume down button and hit the power button nothing happens! and I know I'm doing it right because if I hold the volume up button I get the bootloader

Hmm not sure then :( I've only factory reset my phone (back when I had the power button issues) and haven't had problems since with the functionality of the phone. Maybe there is another way specifically for the Evo? Hopefully someone else can enlighten us with some solutions for your Evo's problems :(