Multi Touch Keyboard on EVO

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find a good multi touch keyboard? A true multi touch? I have smart keyboard pro but even that doesn't register the space bar so well. I hate the fact that this phone has no true multi touch kb.

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Can you explain why you would need multi touch on a keyboard? I wouldnt even need to touch more than one key at a time on my current keyboard.

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain why you would need multi touch on a keyboard? I wouldnt even need to touch more than one key at a time on my current keyboard.

I think what he means is touch one key and be able to touch other like the demo of the droid x by engadget shows. i was wondering this and may return my evo for the droid x. But i hate the way it looks and the price of verzion arent the greatest but i think i get a 20% discount.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried smart keyboard pro, but I found the new Swype beta to be better. I'm getting used to it and I'm getting faster.

I also suggest to check out the help videos before... So many tips and tricks that make typing easier.

I'm thinking about finally sticking to one keyboard. I've tried like 5 keyboards...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, thanks for that link. I really like that keyboard a lot more, and for one reason. THOSE HUGE ARROWS ARE GONE! I hate the amount of screen space those took up. Feels more responsive too. Not that the stock keyboard was laggy, just feel like I can type better for some reason.

Oh yeah, and it also capitilizes the first letter of the sentence when you are using the voice command feature.

I used to use that, but now I'm trying out swype. Gotta love all the options.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
can u post a screen shot plz?
What do you want me to take a screenshot of?

Just download the app and drag and drop to your SD card.
Then get Astro File Manager to install it from your SD card.

And test it out yourself. I don't know what you want me to screenshot. Cause only a video would explain what I said in the last page.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Would be great but I dont know how to add this zip file too my phone..........Geez. I have so much to learn about android coming from blackbery and brief stint with wm.

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just download to your computer. Unzip on local computer folder. Plug in your phone and drag the file onto your SD card. Go to Astro file manager, find that file and just run it. Then set it in your preferences within system options...
:p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that the multi touch keyboard on the Droid X is out there has anyone loaded it on the EVO to see how it is? I love the idea of having the choice between multi touch and swype.

otooles

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Droid x multitouch keyboard on my evo, it is awesome. I can't compare it to swype because haven't tried it yet.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Droid x multitouch keyboard on my evo, it is awesome. I can't compare it to swype because haven't tried it yet.
This post is useles without a link 0:

How does the IME Mod have "Psuedo multi-touch"? I've been using is and haven't noticed.

-edit: Those XDA guys are monsters :)
-edit2: meh. Only letters are capable of multi-touch, symbols and numbers is what slows me down while typing.
HTC spell correction is superior as well. Pretty novel though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23