I love my Evo but oh my God does Sprint Navigation suck.

nmelkon1

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
People use sprint apps? Serious? Google Map>ALL! Also sprint network sucks so hard! Wish evo was for VZW and no Moto X is crap! HTC or gtfo!

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
People use sprint apps? Serious? Google Map>ALL! Also sprint network sucks so hard! Wish evo was for VZW and no Moto X is crap! HTC or gtfo!

Looks like we have a troll here. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with the Sprint Network, it works just fine. Let me guess, did you get brainwashed into thinking VZW is the best and everything else is junk???

Back to the topic, I use and like both, I actually find myself using SN more often as I am used to it from my BB.

curthibbs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my Evo I went back and forth between Sprint Nav and Google Nav. I finally decided that I like Google Nav better and have stuck with that.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It works well for me, and hasn't really provided me much more value than a dedicated GPS (of which we own three) unit. Sorry your experience didn't match mine (which is excellent).

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I am Ok with Sprint Nav. Some of your issues exist I guess. But I am satisfied. And its pretty darn good for free. Plus we have GOOGLE NAV for free as well. I prefer google navigation, but sometimes I might switch it up just for kicks. Navigation was one of the reasons I could not get an iphone this time around. I got spoiled with the google navigation.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My #1 gripe about Sprint Nav is how they clearly let an idiot pick the color scheme and put it out without usability testing, thus leading to the distance to next turn and ETA info to be presented in white text on a yellow background. I get that Sprint's colors are black, white and yellow, but they couldn't use the black on yellow? It's unsafe as it is!

I'm confused- I was able to use sprint navigation on the Evo at launch- but since this weekend- I now get a prompt: "click here to get turn by turn GPS directions with Sprint Navigation PREMIUM"

I click on that and they want to charge me $2.99 for a 24hour pass, or $9.99 for the month!! I thought this was FREE on EVO! Is anyone else getting this now?

I had something similar happen with my Pre. It worked fine for 8 months exactly then one night I went to get a route and I received an error that my account had expired and to call TeleNav. That began a hellish three month ordeal where I probably wasted 8-10 HOURS on calls, chats, and emails with every incompetent and clueless CSR in the entire Sprint organization. It got so bad that my girlfriend would say, "Uh-oh," and put her fingers in her ears the moment Dan Hesse's stupid face appeared in a TV advert because she knew within the next 30 seconds I'd be bellowing the 12-letter synonym for a male who engages in incestuous relations with his maternal parent. I wanted to register www.imgoingtopunchdanhesseinthejunkandtosshimofftheguggenheim.com and make it an entire shrine to my desire to meet Dan and introduce his face to a crowbar and a few bricks. The only "fix" they had was to whack my phone, thus losing all my text messages, patches, etc. I just did without nav for the final four months of my Pre's life. Jerks.

I liked using the SN app on my Pre better than on the EVO. It was much easier and faster at letting me know traffic updates and alternate routes which is the most important information I need in order to get home on the least congested route. Logging in and loading of the maps takes longer on this phone as well.
I've noticed the slower speeds and lack of frequent traffic checks, too. Problem is, Google Nav doesn't have this capability at all, much less partially as good.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Sprint Nav took me from Chicago to California, up through Wyoming and back to Chicago on my road trip last year using my Pre. I LOVED having it. Barely had any issues.

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There's like 3 ways you can get to it via the Programs folder: Maps, Navigation, & Navigator. You can also click just about any address in calendar, email, contacts, or the web to open up GN.
ah thanks, but that doesnt have a 3D view like Sprint and Garmins do right? Never really played with those yet

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused- I was able to use sprint navigation on the Evo at launch- but since this weekend- I now get a prompt: "click here to get turn by turn GPS directions with Sprint Navigation PREMIUM"

I click on that and they want to charge me $2.99 for a 24hour pass, or $9.99 for the month!! I thought this was FREE on EVO!

Is anyone else getting this now?

That being said- Google Navigation will speak OVER your phone conversation Sprint Nav on Pre did not, and I assume works the same for Evo- I also liked the multiple route option of Google and support for landscape mode- so I don't know that I'll use Sprint Nav anyway- but the new fee suprised me.

I just updated my SN, and there it was plain as day...

SPRINT NAVIGATION LITE... You should have seem me in the car... $10 per month, and the update me to a lite navigation.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I haven't even tried it yet. I have a Garmin Nuvi 1350t Im happy with it and its never given me a problem. And I already use my Evo has my Pandora/MP3 player in the car, if I get a phone call I just talk through my Bluetooth and don't worry bout even touching my phone. I would rather have my GPS separated from all of that.

nmelkon1

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Looks like we have a troll here. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with the Sprint Network, it works just fine. Let me guess, did you get brainwashed into thinking VZW is the best and everything else is junk???

Back to the topic, I use and like both, I actually find myself using SN more often as I am used to it from my BB.

I'm not a troll. Sprint sucks from my experience, if you go west in Salt Lake City (my area) and in Henderson, Nevada (suburb of vegas,my dads city) Sprint's 3G/cell reception is non-Existent while ATT/VZW have near full bars..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12