Cnet prizefight: EVO vs Incredible

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I think it's pretty much a no-brainer. They are basically the same phone but the Evo has a bigger screen, 4G, front camera, and HDMI.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
it shouldnt of evan been that close

It's ALWAYS going to be that close. CNET's known to make scores different just to make the scores close.
They've changed the Iphone's "call quality" score everytime to make the scores close or let the iphone win by .1 or something.

Watch them do just that with the Iphone 4 vs. Evo... and the Iphone take it by .1.

Edit: WTF, they gave 3.3 to call quality for HTC EVo? WTF... they said it was the battery.
On the upside, it got a 5.0 on features and 5.0 on web browsing and multimedia. That's unheard of. It was the first to do this.

Last edited:

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
THanks for the link. I have a friend that just got the Incredible. I'll share this link with him. :)

But when it is all said and done it really depends on whether Verizon or Sprint has better coverage where you are. With that said, I wish they would have included monthly plan cost since one reviewer did mention the $10 fee on the EVO.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't even know why they compared these two. They are brother and sister pretty much. But the EVO rightfully won. it has more features like the front facing cam and access to faster network speeds but of course cnet makes it overly dramatic.