Anyone had trouble trying to return their defective evo for another one? Sprint is giving me such a hard time! They won't let me return it even though my evo is defective. They said it's in such a high demand right now so they are not letting me switch it for another evo.

How can sprint say 30-day satisfaction guarantee and not allow me to return my evo???? It has been 1 week!!! What kind of false advertisement is this?
    06-16-2010 09:27 PM
    Take it to a corp. store do not go to any other then corp store.
    06-16-2010 09:31 PM
    I was asked if I wouldnt mind waiting a week... I have a friend there, so I didnt mind....however in the whole scheme of things, it does suck..
    06-16-2010 09:35 PM
    I don't see how they can legally refuse a return if they have un-reserved phones in stock. They have a return policy and they MUST stick to it.
    06-16-2010 09:55 PM
    Yeah, it does suck. They won't let me return it. Said I can only switch it for a different phone, but not the evo. I don't understand. Why is this possible for Sprint to decline my return??
    06-16-2010 10:26 PM
    Anyone had trouble trying to return their defective evo for another one? Sprint is giving me such a hard time! They won't let me return it even though my evo is defective. They said it's in such a high demand right now so they are not letting me switch it for another evo.

How can sprint say 30-day satisfaction guarantee and not allow me to return my evo???? It has been 1 week!!! What kind of false advertisement is this?
    Your trying to do an exchange correct? Not a straight out return?
    06-16-2010 10:28 PM
    Lol...
    You should be able to return it.

Also what's funny, I returned my Pre 4 times over the course of a year. I'm probably not going to return my Evo... it apparently has no problems that other people have.
    06-16-2010 10:29 PM
    What is wrong w your phone?
    06-16-2010 11:10 PM
    All I want is to exchange. The phone's power button doesn't work sometimes.
    06-16-2010 11:20 PM
    I can't stress this enough: Make sure you go to a corporate-owned Sprint store- NOT an affiliate. In my area (Charlottesville, VA) we have an Adcomm digitel "Sprint" store, and THE Sprint store. The adcomm store wouldn't sell me an EVO outright (ie not an upgrade/new contract) a week after the launch. The retail Sprint store had one for me in 3 days.

I don't mean to offend anyone who might work at an affiliate-owned store, but in general I find the retail sprint stores treat current customers much better than the affiliates (who only care about signing new contracts/extensions).
    06-16-2010 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD