Wallpaper problem?

Doc_d

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I created a new scene and have all my screens set up just the way I want. But about 4 times now I've had the wallpaper reset back to the stock wallpaper. It happened twice after I uninstalled an unrelated app. It's happened twice when I powered the phone off and then back on. It's happened to multiple different wallpapers (stock and from the market). I was just curious if anyone else has experienced the same?

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same here, happened a few times. I set up a scene with some live wallpaper and saved the scene then after I turn phone off and on, static default wallpaper is back.

I just kept reloading the live wallpaper and saving the scene again and it seems ok right now.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I created a new scene and have all my screens set up just the way I want. But about 4 times now I've had the wallpaper reset back to the stock wallpaper. It happened twice after I uninstalled an unrelated app. It's happened twice when I powered the phone off and then back on. It's happened to multiple different wallpapers (stock and from the market). I was just curious if anyone else has experienced the same?

I had this exact thing happen....I was in the Applications Manager looking to see if I could uninstall some apps I didn't want, and when I left, the hideous distracting stock wallpaper was there, and EVO wouldn't let me change it. Worse yet, in the course of trying to recover the situation, I went to "personalize" under wallpaper, and was lead down a primrose path and deleted all my homepage widgets and apps! I thought I was deleting the wallpaper, since i was on a wallpaper menu. It appears they are gone, and since it is less than 24 hours since I spent several hours carefully setting up all seven pages the way I'd decided I wanted, I am in a blue rage and ready to send the EVO back to Sprint right now.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to add. AFTER deleting the setup as mentioned, I took the battery out to reset, and the wallpaper is the nice bland, undistracting one I've always had.

(Fortunately, doing this the second time is much faster, and I'm back to 99% of where I was after a much shorter time). My blood pressure may even have returned to normal by tomorrow!

Beware if you are messing around on the wallpaper part of personalization, and you see something about a "blank slate"! Didn't occur to me that it would affect more than wallpapers (the ironic part is that it got rid of my carefully set-up widgets, but left the offending wall paper in place, more obnoxiously visible than ever).

Last edited:

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced this as well. Reboot the phone and my wallpaper disappears, can't seem to find a pattern to it, seems random.

Frustrating :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol