Sprint Nav update on EVO 4G?

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had a notification to "return to Sprint Navigation" for a couple of days, after ignoring it for awhile I clicked on it this morning, and was told that an update for Sprint Navigator was available. I was asked if I wanted to install it, and said go ahead. I then got a message that for security reasons, my phone was set to block installation of apps not from the Market (which is true). I was given an opportunity to change my settings, and I started to. But after thinking about it, I decided that this struck me as a little odd, and I'd ask about it here first.

Anyone else got this update? Anyone find it odd that this update isn't considered to be from the Market? I find it difficult to believe that this is an attempt to install malware, but the paranoiods can be after me whether I think they are or not....

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
it's normal, just did mine this morning

Sprint Navigation is not in the market because it is a part of the "system"

Last edited:

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Should be fine, I havent gotten the update but I also havent even opened sprint nav since i got the phone. Sprint navigation isn't from the market because it is only for sprint and if it was in the market anyone could grab it (i'm guessing here).

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Should be fine, I havent gotten the update but I also havent even opened sprint nav since i got the phone. Sprint navigation isn't from the market because it is only for sprint and if it was in the market anyone could grab it (i'm guessing here).

i read someone on a different carrier did grab it (not from the market) and was sent a bill from telenav.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Navigation is not in the market because it is a part of the "system"

Good point, I hadn't thought through the difference between Sprint and Android/Google. I've installed the update, and am about to go back into my phone and restrict myself to Market apps again.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just installed it, shows as a sprint download. So if telenav tries to charge they will have a hell of a fight on their hands. :)

- Sent from my HTC Evo-4G using Taptalk Pro.

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't for that annoying robotic voice on google nav, I'd be using google exclusively. sprint Navigation is pretty much telenav branded as sprint.

I apologize for straying off the topic.