Anyone having heat issues?

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea I almost pulled the.bat to let it cool I can't remember what the normal operating temps are it also eats the batt when it happens

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Also it seems to happen in the afternoon for whatever reason, just updating this so if anyone else has this problem they can find this thread.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My Evo also got hecka hot just once, while plugged into the car and streaming Pandora. When I got out of the car and dropped the phone into my pocket, I was like, holy crap that's a hot phone.

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue recently. My phone was getting hot and using up battery like crazy. I also notice that the 3G signal was constant and not shutting off.

I checked the running services and nothing was out of the ordinary. I ultimately downloaded SystemPanel Lite and was able to check all the running apps. The HTC People app was using 3x Cpu than HTC Sense itself. So I ended the People App and everything went back to normal. Battery life went back and phone went back to normal temps.

Perhaps download SystemPanel Lite and see what is using the most CPU? That could be your culprit. Well at least it worked for me :p

flyinglaw

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been doing this off and on. In my pocket screen locked and it will get very hot.

Cr12 what did Sprint say when you took it back to them? Is it a known issue? Are they getting you a new one?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also it seems to happen in the afternoon for whatever reason, just updating this so if anyone else has this problem they can find this thread.

The only time my phone gets that hot (it's not the battery) is if it's continuously transferring a lot of data. It's the radio that's drawing heavy current which in turn rapidly depletes the battery as well as generates a lot of heat.

Check any syncing apps or widgets. Perhaps a seemingly low key app/widget is getting stuck and keeps trying to update and which is causing the issue.