Am I the only one who EVO died already?

acherry#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had my EVO for 4 days and the screen died.. I still get haptic feedback but I can't see anything. Sprint gave me a major run around as to how to get it replaced, but the website and all the stores are out of stock.
Now I'm back to my Pre and I'm furious.
Does anyone have a clue as to when Sprint will have EVO in stock again so i can use the phone I paid for?
Who would have thunk it: the Pre works and the EVO is broke.. Go figure.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You might want to check around at various Sprint company stores. I stopped by my local Sprint store to get an accessory and I saw a few customers picking up EVOs.

You might also try calling Sprint and asking to find out how much your ETF is. They should put you through to retentions. Tell them you are thinking of quitting Sprint because you can't get you EVO replaced.

They may or may not be able to get a unit expedited to you, but at the very least, you should be able to get a nice service credit out of them.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to be on #3. My first one the cell radio was bad right out of the box. It was a nice phone other wise. This one has the screen issue and I asked the Sprint repair tech if I should replace it and he said he would.

steve5966

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My evo never started. It could be because it's still being made or on a plane or a ship or a truck or in a box somewhere. 13 days on the waiting list and now i'll be getting pre #6 friday to get me through till my evo arrives.

acherry#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You might want to check around at various Sprint company stores. I stopped by my local Sprint store to get an accessory and I saw a few customers picking up EVOs.

You might also try calling Sprint and asking to find out how much your ETF is. They should put you through to retentions. Tell them you are thinking of quitting Sprint because you can't get you EVO replaced.

They may or may not be able to get a unit expedited to you, but at the very least, you should be able to get a nice service credit out of them.

Thanks.. I think I will milk them a little bit. last time thay gave me 200 free minutes a month for a year (not that i need it with free mobile to mobile standard)..

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My evo died too yesterday, I took it back to best buy and tried to convince me to let them fix it..I said no, ill wait for another one, bad phone to start, problems throughout!! Now im back on the old phone..arrggh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech