06-18-2010 11:35 AM
35 12
tools
    Cool, I will give some of those a try!
    06-17-2010 11:47 PM
    Hmmm I have version 307
    06-17-2010 11:49 PM
    Cool, I will give some of those a try!
    yeah was surprised by how good those games were compared to most of the junk i was playin from app store.

Those games are well worth the two or three bucks and HomerRun battle 3D are all sick!
    06-18-2010 12:12 AM
    Okay, been playing the Super Tumble game for the last 20 minutes. Definately a very fun little puzzle game.
    06-18-2010 12:17 AM
    Oh so I don't sound like I'm bashing the hard working independent developers for android, I do think 50 games video is the best starting point for android gaming. I've tried most of them radiant, jewellust, abduction are some of my favorites. If and when I settle on an android device I plan to buy the full versions.
    06-18-2010 12:28 AM
    i've only seen one person mention it, but these games asphalt 5 nova hawx and the like simply aren't going to run w/o gpu support. the fast processor isn't enough. we might get some decent flash games to pass the time with froyo, but nothing like the games on hte pre. i will admit, the pre was simply the best gaming phone i've had. earthworm jim was awesome...spent way too much time catching up with that game again.
    06-18-2010 12:48 AM
    i've only seen one person mention it, but these games asphalt 5 nova hawx and the like simply aren't going to run w/o gpu support. the fast processor isn't enough. we might get some decent flash games to pass the time with froyo, but nothing like the games on hte pre. i will admit, the pre was simply the best gaming phone i've had. earthworm jim was awesome...spent way too much time catching up with that game again.
    The Snapdragon chipset has a GPU, it's called the AMD Z430, and those games do run, but they lack optimization for this particular platform. The games you mentioned were straight ports from the iPhone to the Pre, both of which have the same PowerVR GPU, so when ported to the Pre, the games were pretty much optimized.
    thegov likes this.
    06-18-2010 01:33 AM
    ahhhh gotcha so hopefully they can be optimized for this platform. thanks that actually makes me feel a little better.
    06-18-2010 01:37 AM
    With that being said, the Z430, unfortunately, is not quite as hairy chested as the PowerVR in the 3GS. As far as I remember the triangles per second that they crank out is fairly close, but the fill rate on the iphone is around 450 vs the 133 for the Z430.
    06-18-2010 01:46 AM
    The Snapdragon chipset has a GPU, it's called the AMD Z430, and those games do run, but they lack optimization for this particular platform. The games you mentioned were straight ports from the iPhone to the Pre, both of which have the same PowerVR GPU, so when ported to the Pre, the games were pretty much optimized.
    I hope you're right.

I thought that the snapdragon family had the Adreno 200 . I'm just scared cause the benchmark tests that Phil ran the droid out performed the evo and nexus one in the graphics department. I hope they make games for the snapdragon family.
    06-18-2010 11:35 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD