I called Sprint this afternoon to chat with their repair tech about the screen issues that the EVO has been plagued with. I was honest and told him mine was not that bad but it does seem to be getting worse and asked if he thought I should have it replaced. He said I should. It does not bother me yet but I do not want stuff to get under the screen. They do not have any at this time but he took my contact info and said he would hold one for me when they get a new stock in. So should I exchange? This one would be my third, the first one was awesome but the cell radio was bad right out of the box.
    06-17-2010 06:19 PM
    I just don't wanna be one of those guys.
    06-17-2010 06:36 PM
    If there is nothing wrong with your phone I would not exchange it.
    06-17-2010 06:37 PM
    please don't use vague thread titles.
    06-17-2010 06:38 PM
    please don't use vague thread titles.
    sorry about that, I should have worded it different.

There is a problem, when I first got it I had about 1/8 inch of light bleed under the search button. Now its bigger and showing up under all of them. And also the screen does seem to be rising off the device. My screen protecter was flush with the bezel but now it sits higher. I guess I will let Sprint make the call on whether it should be replaced.
    06-17-2010 06:47 PM
    sorry about that, I should have worded it different.

There is a problem, when I first got it I had about 1/8 inch of light bleed under the search button. Now its bigger and showing up under all of them. And also the screen does seem to be rising off the device. My screen protecter was flush with the bezel but now it sits higher. I guess I will let Sprint make the call on whether it should be replaced.
    So here's your choices.. You can *Risk* getting a new one. Meaning, you may get something better, you may get something worse. i.e. one with several dead pixels, rebooting problems, etc. This happens to all new phones. Its a hit or miss. Its part of being a new adopter.

When I got my Pre it was terrible. I exchanged 5 of them. I had one with 8 dead pixels, then I exchanged it and got one with 12.. Then I exchanged that and got a terrible oreo effect and these two blotches on the screen.

Luckly I got a Evo with no dead pixels, etc. The only problem I have is when the phone is on cloth the top doesn't respond well.. To me, its no big deal, but to others it may be.
    rem_kujawa likes this.
    06-17-2010 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD