How do i get the Pattern Lock ONLY?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So, if I set pattern lock, I have to swipe down cuz of sense, and then do the pattern lock

I then thought I would download "no lock" which disables the sense slide to unlock thing....but it also blocks the pattern lock too

so how can we have it so JUST the pattern lock shows up?

Thanks

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So, if I set pattern lock, I have to swipe down cuz of sense, and then do the pattern lock

I then thought I would download "no lock" which disables the sense slide to unlock thing....but it also blocks the pattern lock too

Thanks

That's exactly what i'm hoping for too, but ran into the same problems with nolock.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
yea, id like to have security so my gf just doesn't pick up my phone and go through it....but i dont want to go through the hassle of going through 2 things each time

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
nothing...she just doesnt like me talking to any other females, even family friends i've known since birth...not like im gonna stop talking to them cuz of a girl

stupid insecurity

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

Thanks

This is not possible. It is just the way that android works. If you remove HtcLockScreen.apk and HtcLockScreen.odex you will wind up with a "Broken" Stock Android 2.1 lock Screen and then still have to unlock and then input your pattern lock to gain access to the device. Sorry guys, just have to learn to deal with it. I have.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the beauty of the pattern Android lock screens is that they are all unlocked by quick swipes. so you can almost pick up your phone and unclock it simultaneously. and the more you do it - the better and faster it becomes. much better than alpha or numeric locks however probably not as secure BUT your real secure data should be locked down further into each application anyway.

i thought the OP was going to express some concern about partial text messages and missed calls showing up on the lock screen. if you are not hiding anything it's a nice convenience. but if you are hiding something it can give you away.

MrDSL

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Froyo AOSP will so this but there isn't a fully functional one yet. It works go enough for me though.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've found the "no lock" app to be unreliable anyway. I have it installed, and set to unlock. Yesterday it worked fine. Today I have to do the unlock swipe anyway. I've tried setting it to Lock and Back, force closing and restarting it, but I still have to unlock anyway. I guess I'll reboot and see what happens, but I'm not very impressed.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No Lock doesn't work for me. Well, to be accurate, it worked for about one day. Now, regardless of how I have it set I still get the lock screen. I've stopped and restarted it, and deleted and re-installed it, and no Joy.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I've never had "no lock" not work properly.

BTW, the security "pattern" is kinda silly ... hold your phone up at an angle, and anyone can see your "secret" pattern from the mess your fingers leave on the phone after a few times ...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yea, id like to have security so my gf just doesn't pick up my phone and go through it....but i dont want to go through the hassle of going through 2 things each time

:D freaking hilarious... How long does it take you to swipe down first and then swipe your pattern? 1/2 a second? is it that much of a hassle? are we in THAT much of a hurry?????? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995