White Evo at Best Buy?

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
black > white

I don't see how anyone would want a white one....atleast males. If the white one was the original color and it was the black making this sort of splash with an exclusive deal with a particular vendor...everyone would be saying how they should have waited for the black and the black looks so awesome. It's all business/marketing tactics and they work so well!;)

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If the white one was the original color and it was the black making this sort of splash with an exclusive deal with a particular vendor...everyone would be saying how they should have waited for the black and the black looks so awesome. It's all business/marketing tactics and they work so well!;)

Good point. :)

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
looking at the pic on engadget, looks like the battery cover and surrounding bezel is white, if the front of the screen is white, i'm so on it. I was actually going to do a white carbon fiber vinyl wrap around the EVO anyways. I did on my BB Tour last year when i first got it and was complemented by lots of people.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Of course this is all subjective but for me anything made in white always looked like a kids toy and very plastic looking.

One reason I never liked most of Apples products, especially the older ones, was because of all the white they used in everything. White looks really cheap and, dare I say, ugly!

I did not buy an ipod until they came in black! Black is just so much better even if it is plastic, just more professional looking.

Of course taste is subjective as I said.

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Wait, i wonder if this is a marketing scheme so that comsumers cant see and light leakage on the white version. White light on white shell will be hard to see.

Ommegasis

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wait, i wonder if this is a marketing scheme so that comsumers cant see and light leakage on the white version. White light on white shell will be hard to see.

um... in the dark, it won't make a difference what color your phone is, if the lights leak through, it'll leak through. matter of fact, it'll make the leak worse since white reflects light.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
White is a neutral color so it can go either for guys or girls .Now if a guys was sporting a pink case well ya know..

I personally like the white evo a little better. Since most phones come in black having a little color variety to choose from is a good thing.

What is BB's exchange policy on phones ?

Lets say someone buys a black phone July 1 and wants to trade it in for a white phone a few days later , will they do this or does the phone need to be damaged to trade it in ?

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of the white EVO, personally, but whatever sells more phones is a good thing for HTC, Sprint and Android.

I wonder if HTC will go the full Nintendo route and release boatloads of different colors, with some being limited edition...?

Jaymcp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
This really sucks because I would have rather had a white one. My 30 days is up July 4th so I suppose I'm SOL. Kind of bummed about this.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Find some one is planning to get a black evo convince them to trade with you, have them hold out till jully whenever, ask them to order a white one and switch =)

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I personally things the red ring around the camera really looks cool on the white one. I usually am all for black, especially matte black, but something about the white evo is just really tempting.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This really sucks because I would have rather had a white one. My 30 days is up July 4th so I suppose I'm SOL. Kind of bummed about this.

Find some one is planning to get a black evo convince them to trade with you, have them hold out till jully whenever, ask them to order a white one and switch =)

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Maybe throw in some kind of incentive for them like giving them the accessories you have or buying their essential accessories, or even more convenient...throw in a gift card for that purpose.

Last edited:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just yelled at my friend who works at BB... She said she Thought I Knew...
So they knew for a week or so already... Go figure...

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
seidio just release a white innocase so if want the white evo but already have black this may be an option.

feet

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The black edge around the screen on the front kind of spoils it for me. :confused:

If I had the choice in the begining I might have gone with white but after looking at the black evo I have I don't think I would have liked it better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678