Android crashing every time I go to manage applications

mmasnick

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Got my Evo two days ago and just been playing around with it. Downloaded a few (10 or so?) apps from the marketplace, just to experiment with them. I deleted a few after they seemed to be no good, then downloaded a few others. Just went to try to delete them as well... but when I go to the "manage applications" option, it crashes with the message:

Sorry!
The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

and then has the Force Close button.

I've looked around, and others who have gotten similar messages were always told that they had downloaded a bad app and to delete that bad app. Only problem is that I can't delete any such "bad apps" unless I can get to the manage apps screen.

I have tried powering off and powering back on. I've tried removing the battery. Neither of those worked.

So, is there a way to fix this so I can get to the application management screen? Or is there some alternative route to deleting potentially "bad" apps?

If not... what do I do?

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Do a hard reset. Turn the phone off, then when you power it back on, hold the volume up button. It will delete all data on the device, but it might work for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae