Im new to android ive been using a iphone since the first one was available. Does anyone have any suggestions on some great apps or widgets that you cant live without since youve downloaded them.
    06-18-2010 08:44 PM
    AndroidCentral Widget
    Engadget widget
    Audiomanager Widget (Market)
    System Settings Widget

Airplane mode/Overclock Widget/Mobile widget (controls 3g), wifi, gps, 4g, LED Light (Market... it creates a 'flashlight' for nighttime through the Camera LED), Beautiful Widgets Silence + Vibrate (it's free in the market), Youtube widget, music widget, pandora widget...

Yeah, I love widgets.

The best clock/weather widget is from Beautiful Widgets... It costs a couple bucks in the marketplace...
    You may not think it's worth the money, but it allows for other people's themes to be put on it... and there's a lot of user submitted themes and it just looks so great because you can opacitize and whatnot... lots of customization.
    06-18-2010 08:59 PM
    Does my evo have to be rooted to have the overclock widget. I installed it and im familiar with overclocking video cards. I opened it up and something changed it went from 499 to 569 to 999 without me touching anything I deleted it from the manage apps menu. Will that set my cpu back to stock speed or did I mess something up? is there anyway to check? and whats the point of rooting is it the same as jailbreaking an iphone?
    06-18-2010 09:21 PM
    Pandora, Google Goggles, Bump, Shootme, Cardio Trainer.
    06-18-2010 09:23 PM
    Does my evo have to be rooted to have the overclock widget. I installed it and im familiar with overclocking video cards. I opened it up and something changed it went from 499 to 569 to 999 without me touching anything I deleted it from the manage apps menu. Will that set my cpu back to stock speed or did I mess something up? is there anyway to check? and whats the point of rooting is it the same as jailbreaking an iphone?
    I think the Snapdragon scales it on its own. Snapdragon's known for that.

Also, there's a one-tap method to "semi-root" your Evo... It's called the unrEVOked method. You just tap it once, and it roots your evo. You can't load roms or do crazy stuff like that, but you can underclock when you're not using it... for example.

I forgot where the QR Code is. Using the QR Code is easier to install the app.
    But here's a website where you can sideload the app onto your phone.
    Unrevoked: Root your HTC Evo with one-click

And then you can scale your phone.
    I have mine running from 245000 to 999999 when screen is on, and 245000 to 245000 when the screen is off. I lose 1-2% every hour on wifi when screen is off. Very useful.
    06-18-2010 09:29 PM
    I downloaded temp + CPU to check the cpu speed to make sure I didnt mess it up. It showed 998mhz which I know is stock but then it kept droping to like 268 then 560 then back to 998 then kept doing the same thing is that normal. COuld I of even messed anything up if the phone isnt even rooted?
    06-18-2010 09:36 PM
    I downloaded temp + CPU to check the cpu speed to make sure I didnt mess it up. It showed 998mhz which I know is stock but then it kept droping to like 268 then 560 then back to 998 then kept doing the same thing is that normal. COuld I of even messed anything up if the phone isnt even rooted?
    Answer in my post above.

Anyway, the snapdragon processor scales on its own.
    Qualcomm Products and Services - The Snapdragon„ Platform

With powerful 1GHz-plus processors, Snapdragon-powered devices are bringing a new type of user experience to market, redefining mobility for consumers around the world. Mobile devices based on the Snapdragon family of chipsets deliver real-time ubiquitous communication, high-performance multimedia, location-aware content, Internet browsing and productivity applications, all with the lowest levels of power consumption for all-day battery life and always-on connectivity.
    In the benefits tab, it says it has power management.
    06-18-2010 09:41 PM
    That overlook widget doesn't do anything for this phone. The CPU scales on its own.
    06-18-2010 09:42 PM
    That overlook widget doesn't do anything for this phone. The CPU scales on its own.
    You can control it a bit more... like when the screen is off you can keep it at 245000.
    06-18-2010 09:52 PM
    @Kedar thanks man
    06-18-2010 09:53 PM
    Sportstap widget to follow your favorite teams.
    06-18-2010 10:44 PM
    You can control it a bit more... like when the screen is off you can keep it at 245000.
    No, the advanced forum already confirmed that the kernel rejects any adjustments. Overclock app is useless on Evo. They have a special rom where they can adjust the clock though.
    06-18-2010 10:45 PM
    No, the advanced forum already confirmed that the kernel rejects any adjustments. Overclock app is useless on Evo. They have a special rom where they can adjust the clock though.
    Really?
    Not being a skeptic, but can you post the link? I just want to see the discussion there.

Why do I lose so little battery in an hour then?
    Placebo effect?
    06-18-2010 11:21 PM
    It's been well documented at XDA, poke around over there and you'll find it. They have stated, however, that the overclock widget may be doing something that helps in saving power, it's just not the intended effect of adjusting the CPU.
    06-19-2010 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD