Enjoy

HTC has fix in the works for EVO 4G screen sensitivity; separation problems are minor -- Engadget

Tho I dont understand..If this IS a grounding issue, surely its a hardware problem..Think this patch will fix it?
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-18-2010 09:42 PM
    Sounds good.

Though I don't know why anyone uses the phone when grounded... unless making a video.
    I also don't understand how it could be patched... but I hope the patch fixes 30fps issue too, lol.

Edit: I still don't have this issue. Is it only in some Evos?
    06-18-2010 09:49 PM
    Finally now when I wake up i can slide my Notification Bar down with no problems without picking the phone up.
    06-18-2010 09:52 PM
    I just saw it.
    Came here to post, but thought it would be polite to search first.
    And sure enough - here's a thread already started.

thanks for sharing
    06-18-2010 10:07 PM
    awesome....this was one out of the two reasons I returned my Evo. Just need to get that compression under control for the 720 vid rec and I'm back on board! Actually excited!
    06-18-2010 10:10 PM
    lol yeah..I posted as soon as I seen it!!
    06-18-2010 10:52 PM
    lol yeah..I posted as soon as I seen it!!
    you da man! Thank you....glad HTC is owning up and doing the right thing
    06-18-2010 10:55 PM
    you da man! Thank you....glad HTC is owning up and doing the right thing
    Hope they do the same with the 30 fps issue.
    I like HTC. I wish they bought Palm, lol.
    06-18-2010 11:17 PM
    Now all they need to do is release a patch to fix the screen separation.
    06-18-2010 11:24 PM
    Hope they do the same with the 30 fps issue.
    I like HTC. I wish they bought Palm, lol.
    They don't consider the 30 FPS to be an issue. It is by design. Good luck getting it fixed.
    06-18-2010 11:28 PM
    They don't consider the 30 FPS to be an issue. It is by design. Good luck getting it fixed.
    Atleast when playing games... they should fix it.

It's a noticeable issue to any gamer.

Edit:
    i sent a email too htc and got this as the response.
    Dear ----------
    Hello ----r. Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Support via E-Mail with your concern about the fps rate of your HTC EVO 4G. I understand how important it is for your device to function to your specifications and I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you. Please be aware that our technical team has been tracking this issue and, although I don’t have a time frame for a fix, we are diligently working toward a resolution for our customers. Please continue to monitor our website for future postings, or call customer service at 1.866.449.8358 Sunday through Saturday 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. EST.
    Some guy posted that on the HTC forum. Seems like they are looking to fix this.
    06-18-2010 11:46 PM
    Glad to hear they are making production adjustments!

It may be by design but if it's something that can be changed with a firmware update, I wouldn't be surprised if they do make the change. Especially if phones like the Droid X and Galaxy S/Pro are released running 60fps and it becomes a competitive disadvantage for the Evo.
    06-18-2010 11:52 PM
    It's already a disadvantage for the Evo, older/lower level phones are outperforming it. They're sticking to their guns with the 30fps by design story.
    06-19-2010 12:37 AM
    The screen seperation issue is NOT a "minor one" that "doesnt affect phone usage".

My screen is starting to clack when i press the left corner. I'd say that me being annoyed everytime i press the home button is a USABILITY ISSUE.

SCREW YOU HTC
    06-19-2010 09:26 AM
    The screen seperation issue is NOT a "minor one" that "doesnt affect phone usage".

My screen is starting to clack when i press the left corner. I'd say that me being annoyed everytime i press the home button is a USABILITY ISSUE.

SCREW YOU HTC
    Actually it's minor because of the amount of customers NOT affected.

Also, as stated earlier, the 30FPS cap isn't an issue at all. IMO, they should have ponied up those specs before release though.
    06-19-2010 10:04 AM
    I wonder how many people just don't notice it. Even after researching thread after thread regarding the grounding/unresponsive screen issue, I never even bothered to check or noticed the separation problem until I happened to read a thread on it.

I think the lift itself is very minor for many and you really have to look to notice it. But I think it's fairly widespread in terms of the number of evo's affected. There are people on this forum and others who've exchanged their phones only to find that the new phone had the same separation problem.

The lift is so slight, in fact, that if I had been confident it wouldn't get progressively worse with use, it probably wouldn't have worried me...but normally, if something is starting to separate, it does tend to get worse, not better, over time.
    06-19-2010 11:22 AM
    It *might* be minor in terms of units affected, but nobody really knows that for sure.

But that isnt what HTC said, they specifically said its a minor issue because it doesnt affect the usability of the phone which is pure BS
    06-19-2010 01:53 PM
    i seriously dont think a patch will fix the "grounding issue"
    this is deja vu all over again.. i remember an old phone i had, i think the vogue or something similar at the time had the SAME issue.. and they released a "patch" that didnt work... It was just something rolled out to get everyone to shut up for a minute.

this has to be a hardware issue.. unless theres some code that can manipulated that can tell if youre holding the phone with one hand or not... or code that can read a measurement of electricity coming from your body or not making it more or less sensitive..
    06-19-2010 02:35 PM
    I'm rooted....should I wait for an updated rom with the patch built in or can i update?
    06-19-2010 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD