Question about Evo return

fulanit01

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I unfortunately got my Evo from Radio Shack, which would have worked out great except I ended up w/ dead pixels, the corner lifting, and touch screen sensitivity issues when the phone is not being held. Been waiting for a replacement from radio shack for 2 weeks now, and have become tired of the run around. So I've decided to return the phone.

My question is, if I get another one from Sprint directly, do I no longer have 30 days to test it out? I spoke to a phone rep who stated that my 30 day period is over once I return it, which is concerning with videos like this one of sub-par replacements: The Tale of EVO Screen Woes: A First-Hand Account (With Video) | AndroidGuys

Just trying to not get stuck with another dud. I've seen comments about ppl returning pre's all year round so figured someone here would be an expert on the matter :D

Thanks.

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If you swap the phone because it is defective, your 30 days is up. If you don't think you will want to keep it, just return it and don't swap it. But if your next EVO is defective, you will be able to swap it again if it is defective. There are plenty of owners of the Pre that can confirm this.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with the 30 day return policy. If your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever are defective your entitled to return for a full refund within 30 days. You will get hit with a $35 restocking fee though. It's not your fault HTC is sending out duds.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with the 30 day return policy. If your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever are defective your entitled to return for a full refund within 30 days. You will get hit with a $35 restocking fee though. It's not your fault HTC is sending out duds.

Doesnt the $35 restocking fee apply only to returns to Sprint.com or Sprint stores? I know BB doesnt have that restocking fee. Does RS?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine to RS after waiting for a replacement.

1. RS gave me a full refund with no restocking fee.
2. Called Sprint to cancel the account. They credited the account for everything . When I asked the CS what my final bill would be, he said $0. I had the phone for about 10 days. They didn't even charge me for usage during those 10 days based on what the CS told me. I haven't gotten the final bill but don't expect it to be different from what I was told.
3. Asked about how the 30 days guarantee would work if I decide to get another Sprint phone. Was told the previous cancelled transaction has no bearing on the new activation. If I get another Sprint phone, the 30 days would start from the date of activation for the new phone.

As much as I hated giving the evo up for now (back to my trusty G1, which is also HTC. Never had a single problem with the phone), I figure I would wait a month or so until what seems to be production glitches can be worked out.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend sticking with Radio Shack perhaps. I was told to expect a long wait for a replacement for my original EVO (screen issues), but got called the next day that they had a replacement in already. I do think they really are getting more in, so you could get lucky.

I asked Sprint about doing a replacement through them, but like you, got told that it could only be done by RS for the first 30 days but that they must honor the warranty and replace.

fulanit01

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
3. Asked about how the 30 days guarantee would work if I decide to get another Sprint phone. Was told the previous cancelled transaction has no bearing on the new activation. If I get another Sprint phone, the 30 days would start from the date of activation for the new phone.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. The Sprint rep wasn't too clear on this issue. I think I'm with you on waiting for another batch since apparently HTC recently stated they are aware of the screen separation issue. Thanks for all the responses folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol