01-29-2013 07:06 PM
452 ... 1516171819
tools

About 38 hrs. I was around 30% a few hours before, and was probably still around 25%... then I started trying to video chat and that knocked me down to about 10% pretty quickly. The timing of my charge cycles (finishing the charging that first night ~ 3-4am) helped make this extra long. Really little battery use when idle on both nights.

Rooted w/ Set CPU. Stock rom, stock kernel, stock battery, all that.

Time without signal: 3%
    Wifi on at all times. No disabling of data/3g when away from wifi.
    Bluetooth on at all times
    GPS on at all times
    Phone idle: 1d 11h 35m 10s
    android system: cpu total 43m 8s
    Display on 2h 30m
    Voice calls 17m 49s

Did a fair amount of texting, must've been at least 100, took a couple pictures, sent a few mms, used as alarm twice and hit snooze ~7 times total, and a bunch of incoming and outgoing emails. Installed a few applications in there too. Decent amount of internet browsing... I'd guess at least 45 minutes. The phone was also paired to my car while driving for ~45 minutes to/from work.

What are your SetCPU settings??
    03-02-2011 03:54 PM
    Priority: Setting

100: Temp >50 499max
    94: Screen off 245max
    61: battery <25 460max
    53: battery <50 998 max
    50: battery <101 998 max

Might've also had 91: Charging 998 max when I did this.

The new SetCPU update won't let me make these profiles again. It still uses them, I just have to be sure not to edit any because I can't go above 528 for anything... anyone else?
    taadow1030 and Aceboogie62 like this.
    03-05-2011 10:13 PM
    Priority: Setting

100: Temp >50 499max
    94: Screen off 245max
    61: battery <25 460max
    53: battery <50 998 max
    50: battery <101 998 max

Might've also had 91: Charging 998 max when I did this.

The new SetCPU update won't let me make these profiles again. It still uses them, I just have to be sure not to edit any because I can't go above 528 for anything... anyone else?
    Thanks for sharing your settings. SetCpu still allows me to modify / adjust profiles like before.
    03-06-2011 01:39 PM
    I was getting good batter life (12h, which is good for me), until last few days some really big drain. Its down to 5 or 6h be 20% now. I've installed quite a few apps in the last week or so.

Is there a battery app that can show me the culprit on an unrooted phone?
    03-11-2011 04:38 PM
    I decided to buy an extended battery; best purchase ever.
    03-11-2011 04:40 PM
    I noticed my wife's Epic seems to handle 4G better than my Evo. She leaves her phone on 4G all the time and still has plenty of battery life at the end of the day. The Epic seems to sleep the 4G radio and only check for 4G availability every so often. Also, when it detects Wifi it shuts down 4g.
    Does anyone know how you I can get this type of behavior on the Evo?
    03-13-2011 12:31 AM
    I have started using an app called 'PowerMax' yesterday. So far, it seems to be helping...a little. It's not an app killer, which in my opinion are absolutely useless crap. This app distributes the power from your phone and adjusts settings accordingly to get the most out of your battery life. Suggest checking it out.
    03-17-2011 12:50 PM
    My EVO is getting surprisingly good battery life. I'm getting 12+ hours. That's a lot more than I did when I had my first EVO.
    03-17-2011 11:06 PM
    Also need to calibrate the battery...
    With the phone in the on position.
    Fully charge the battery with the phone on... (until the led turns green.)
    Once the led turns green, unplug the charger until the led goes off.
    After the led goes off, plug the charger back in. When the led turns green , power off the phone.
    now.... with the phone fully powered off...
    1. Unplug the charger.
    2. Wait until led goes off.
    3. Plug charger back in until the led turns green. When it turns green, unplug the charger again and go to step 1.
    4. repeat steps 1 and 3, 10 times. This may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 mins per cycle. Typically only about 1 minute. though.
    Gotta be honest, this is a GREAT tip! I thought it was BS, until I tried it. I often work 12 hour days, and my battery is usually on the verge of dying by the time I get home. I tried this little tip out yesterday, and made it home with over 40% of my battery life remaining. Yesterday, I didn't make any changes to settings, or how frequently I use the phone. I only did what is described above, and it helped out immensely.
    Phoenix Rev likes this.
    03-31-2011 07:38 AM
    All I can say is holy ****! The calibrate battery thing really works! I thought he was tolling at first but I tried it and I was in the gym for 2 hours with music playing on Power Amp and I'm at 95 percent. I'm very pleased!
    04-20-2011 08:54 PM
    I can't stress enough, buy an extended battery. It solved all my problems. I get over a day of battery life with light use and 12-18 with extreme use (4g and all)
    05-21-2011 09:33 AM
    I got so sick and tired of all of the problems with the EVO and especially Sprint, that I sold the phone on eBay. I bought a T-Mobile G2X and cannot be happier. My battery last about 8 hours, I get anywhere between 8-10 Mbps versus .50 - 1 mbps on Sprint. I NEVER was able to find and stay connected to a 4G network even when I was standing inside a Sprint store.

The EVO is a good phone but the network sucks. I find the G2X much more stable and it is a plain Android setup without any bloatware. More importantly, the network really supplies the fast speeds that they advertise. Very happy with my decision.
    05-21-2011 10:05 AM
    With the extended battery on the Evo, battery life is not that great but improves somewhat if you turn off all the widgets you dont need until you actually need them.
    4g - no 4g service in may area usually except in limited locations or closer to the city
    bluetooth - unless I sync to the hands free in the car or transfer files ( sometimes a problem when I driving and want to sync the current phone call to the handsfree..opps bluetooth is off, makes for some interesting driving.
    wifi - no need for wifi with a 3 g connection
    gps- no use unless I'm mapping etc

I was running all of those above everyday & the battery got about 6 hrs, with them off I get 8 hrs with moderate use or 12 hrs on standby.
    I'm still running live wall paper which only comsumes 2%

I initially went through the charge up, full discharge, charge up, full discharge routine for 6 cycles but from what I read after doing that, it may have more harm than good with these new batteries.

The Evo is not great on the battery but I will deal with that, it's such a GREAT phone! I just plug it into the charger whenever to keep it charged up.
    06-03-2011 05:45 PM
    Battery life with my 3500 mah extended battery. is good since the last update.i only connected the phone to my computer to take a screen shot to post here. No complains here what so ever with the new update. one minor complain to be exact my default email client is not getting my yahoo mail. i just added the yahoo application in its place.
    06-25-2011 09:35 AM
    this is the screenshot i went great lengths to resize this.
    06-25-2011 09:55 AM
    This is the battery life I was getting on an earlier build of Deck's 1.2 ROM

Hey homies....peep this. ;-)

Sent from my evil hideout. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    06-25-2011 01:09 PM
    I can't stress enough, buy an extended battery. It solved all my problems. I get over a day of battery life with light use and 12-18 with extreme use (4g and all)
    is the extended battery any heavier or more bulky? i wouldnt need a new back cover for my phone would i?
    06-25-2011 09:15 PM
    For the 3500mAh one, yes; however, from most places where you buy it the extended battery door comes with it. It's not much thicker and IMHO makes the phone easier to grip.
    06-25-2011 09:33 PM
    For the 3500mAh one, yes; however, from most places where you buy it the extended battery door comes with it. It's not much thicker and IMHO makes the phone easier to grip.
    thanks. cant do heavier or thicker for this phone
    06-25-2011 09:34 PM
    I believe it's only about 5mm thicker, which isn't much. Personally, I like it this way. I find it easier to hold.
    06-25-2011 09:35 PM
    Any suggestions on which of the extended batteries to buy?
    06-26-2011 10:38 PM
    Try gorillagadgets.com. They have the battery and door at an excellent price. I first bought mine on Amazon and had to pay about $60 for it, but that's when they just came out and were pricey.
    06-27-2011 12:25 AM
    I got so sick and tired of all of the problems with the EVO and especially Sprint, that I sold the phone on eBay. I bought a T-Mobile G2X and cannot be happier. My battery last about 8 hours, I get anywhere between 8-10 Mbps versus .50 - 1 mbps on Sprint. I NEVER was able to find and stay connected to a 4G network even when I was standing inside a Sprint store.

The EVO is a good phone but the network sucks. I find the G2X much more stable and it is a plain Android setup without any bloatware. More importantly, the network really supplies the fast speeds that they advertise. Very happy with my decision.
    this is really more of YMMV (your mileage may vary) than "SPRINT'S NETWORK SUCKS!"

most people are attracted by phones first, network second, but you should really scope out the network before settling on a particular phone for the best performing network in your area. a farmer in nebraska might only have AT&T, and Sprint and Verizon coverage might be crappy or non-existent. does that mean Sprint and Verizon's networks suck? no, it just means that they should be eliminated from the farmer's list.

Sprint works very well in many areas, including DC, while all of my iPhone AT&T friends have spottier coverage and tons of dropped calls.

when you're in a spotty part of your network's coverage, your phone is going to burn through its battery WAY faster than if you have 4 or 5 bars of coverage. it's that simple, and it's not just a Sprint problem - it's a cell phone problem. lesson learned - make sure the coverage is good before picking a phone, because even the most amazing phone will be reduced to a brick if the coverage isn't there.

that being said, i get through an entire day of moderate to heavy usage starting at 7am with the screen being on for 3-4 hours and i'm still at 20-30% by 10pm. some Pandora, some of my own MP3s, checking email, browsing mobile-optimized sites, etc. if i don't plug it in when i go to sleep, it drops only about 5-6% TOTAL from 11pm - 7am, meaning if it's at 30% at 11pm, when i leave for work at 7am the next day, it's around ~24%, which is very little drop.

if i'm at an office where i have zero Sprint coverage and the phone is constantly straining for a signal and roaming on another network, the battery gets drained way faster (~6-8% PER HOUR with little to no usage of the phone whatsoever). i either leave it plugged in all the time in that case or put it on airplane mode and periodically check my voicemails, texts, and emails.
    Echo Baby likes this.
    06-28-2011 05:29 PM
    06-28-2011 05:45 PM
    Really?

I'm finding the exact opposite. My battery life is epic bad right now. I loaded a freshly charged battery from my wall charger at 6:45am - a couple email checks, and a glance at FB and I'm now sitting at 87% at 7:05am. Before GB, I wouldn't drop below 90% until mid morning. And should I play a little Cut the Rope or Stupid Zombies in the can, I can count on it dropping to the 50% range in a heartbeat.

Plus my Sense keeps glitching and i'm stuck with all the bloat.
    07-06-2011 11:38 AM
452 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD