Which Battery Widget do you prefer?

mattmcg

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to add a Battery Widget to my homepage and was wondering which one you all preferred. I'm looking for a simple 1x1 size widget that displays the battery % and perhaps allows a quick tap to see more battery info.

I really like the HTC offered Battery Widget but it doesn't seem to be available for the EVO yet.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I really like the battery left widget but for the life of me I can't get it to calibrate. It seems to be accurate even though it says its not.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I used Battery Indicator (in the market) for a while, which worked fine, although it lives in the taskbar, not as a widget

Then I removed it and stopped worrying about battery life. I charge when I have to, and don't stress myself out with it the rest of the day. It's liberating. Try it :)

I also find my battery life is a little better now, I think because I'm not micromanaging things as much; flipping on the screen JUST to see what the battery is at or constantly opening settings to see what is using the most battery. Maybe its mental, but I sure feel better about it ;)

Anyways, yea, Battery Indicator- lives in the taskbar and shows you a battery meter w/ %.

Market link:
chart

/*EDIT: I confused Battery Indicator with a different app. Corrected my post to accurately describe Battery Indicator */

Last edited:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a battery widget, but removed it because I didn't want to think about battery life every time I looked at my phone.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i deleted all battery % widgets and i suggest you do the same. the battery % is not accurate and it's silly to sit and watch every % and extrapolate when the battery % consumption is not linear and constantly worry about the battery. my advice is to just look at the default battery bar and stop stressing about the battery. just relax and enjoy and use the phone and stop obsessing about every misreported incorrect battery %. you will have a little less stress in your life.

good luck all.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i use BatteryLife from curvefish. i like it becuase it also shows mV and temp if you want and can set the color code yourself. it isn't 1x1 though. it's 2x1 i think.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using HTC widget it is great small and works great, no problems. If yo uare interested search market for HTC Battery widget.

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I prefer battery indicator since it lives in the notification bar and does not take up any of your home screen. Great program, also shows your battery temp as others have said.

mattmcg

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded Battery Indicator and really like it. Thanks for all the recommendations. After playing with it for about 30 minutes, I could see it was worth buying so did!

Thanks again all!