can use evo roaming

dogbone414

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
radio 1.39.00.05.31 kernel 2.6.29-a2443432 rom fresh evo 3.0

i can't do anything when roaming text call anyone get calls or text or get on internet of connect to my works wifi please help me to get this to work. thanks

Ny88RiCaN

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Your sentence is a little confusing there but let me clear some things up for you.

When Roaming you are on Verizons Network and should be able to receive & make both calls & texts

Internet will NOT work.

If you are using Google Voice then you need an internet connection so no call or text from that service, your messages will be from your actual number.

Restart your phone and checkoff always on mobile data.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Your sentence is a little confusing there but let me clear some things up for you.

When Roaming you are on Verizons Network and should be able to receive & make both calls & texts

Internet will NOT work.

If you are using Google Voice then you need an internet connection so no call or text from that service, your messages will be from your actual number.

Internet almost always work when roaming. Check coverage maps. I just used the EVO roaming and the data / internet worked. Sometimes Sprint apps don't (navigator) . It was the same w my BB Tour. Coverage indicator on Sprint.com will tell you if roaming what data services work.

Last edited:

willsurg#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Internet will NOT work.

comming from a pre, when we forced roam on to verizon, I was always able to roam with internet as well. i think i read somewhere it was not 3g data but the earlier version 1x something. whatever it was it worked and solved the problem of being in a poor signal area and running the battery down.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Internet almost always work when roaming. Check coverage maps. I just used the EVO roaming and the data / internet worked. Sometimes Sprint apps don't (navigator) . It was the same w my BB Tour. Coverage indicator on Sprint.com will tell you if roaming what data services work.

Agreed, I have never had issues accessing the internet when roaming on Verizon's network. If that isn't the case, then it must be a result of a recent change in Sprint/Verizon's roaming agreements.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Internet will NOT work.

Not true. Sprint and Verizon have a data roaming agreement. I've used data many times while roaming on Verizon's network on DC's subway. Last I checked it was only 1xRTT, which means slow, but it works.

But, there are CDMA carriers other than Sprint and Verizon, so in some parts of the country you might not roam on VZ.