Share Encoding Presets

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any HTC EVO presets for Handbrake or MediaEncoder that will let me convert 720p video recorded with the EVO to some other format, one playable on a PC? As it stands now, EVO-recorded vids play on a PC but the audio doesn't play, since it's encoded with SAMR.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Even VLC Player won't play the audio. Only Quicktime will. I tried v7 and it works fine. I just don't want to have to use only QT.

curthibbs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Forget about futzing around with Handbrake or MediaCoder settings, get the free application: "DVD Catalyst Free for Droid Incredible" - Free Stuff | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst (the Incredible has the same size screen, in pixels, as the Evo).

It couldn't be easier to use.There are no options or settings. You just drag and drop the video you want to convert onto it and click the button to start it converting. It works perfectly every time!

In fact, I've been so impressed with DVD Catalyst that I went ahead and purchased the commercial version even though I didn't need to (I wanted to support the developer).

BTW, one thing I did learn before I discovered DVD Catalyst is that in order for a movie to play on Andriod (at least out-of-the-box Android), the video must be encoded in h.264 base profile (whatever "base profile" means -- I don't really know).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon