Getting an EVO 4G...

vindication84

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
....but my Dad ordered it last week. They put it on backorder. I know nobody can give me an exact amount of time, but I was hoping to see from those of you who had to backorder yours how long it took for you to receive yours. I'm getting anxious and my Palm Pre is getting on my last nerve! =(

Thanks!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint.com keeps going in and out of stock on them. I've read here a few times that people are actually having good luck at their local Walmart stores, you may want to try there.

Where did you order it from?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you're in a small town, hit up Radio Shack. Most people just flock to the big stores and forget all about RS. I know in my town the Evo is totally out of stock, except the one little RS here in town, they have one...well, at least they had one last Saturday.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there any network support for 4G right now in the world ? I don't that Korea and Japan support right now.

WiMAX is being deployed in nearly 150 countries and covering over 600 million population.

Monthly Industry Report | WiMAX Forum

figure1.jpg

vindication84

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
okay, did anyone actually read my question? i said the phone was already ordered. i don't need to go to best buy or radio shack. It was ordered through Sprint's online store and it was "backordered".

I was just asking people who have ordered it on backorder how long it took for them to get theirs, that's all.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
sprint knew absolutely nothing. That's why I was asking you guys about your experiences.

You're the first person I've seen that has reported the status as being backordered from Sprint.

People have reported stores selling out, but ordering through Telesales usually resulted in a phone being shipped out in a day or two. If Telesales has none, there's really no telling when they will get more in stock.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
sprint knew absolutely nothing. That's why I was asking you guys about your experiences.

You're the first person I've seen that has reported the status as being backordered from Sprint. I don't know if this is the first time Sprint has been sold out for a significant period of time or if people are told they're sold out and just pursue other sources.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
well he ordered it online andon the phone. The lady I talked to today said she had no record of the order, because backorders don't show up.
So he backordered two phone? I did not know that they would backorder it for you. I was always told to call back to see if they had them later. Also, every order does show up so something is wrong...

Sprint is still sold out.

What we are saying is that waiting for a phone from Sprint is sometimes a long process. See if you can find it locally. If Yes, ask them to hold it and call Sprint to cancel.

I did not pre-order my EVO. I thought that I could get one on the 4th. Yikes. Everyone was and still is sold out. I got on everyone's waiting lists. I checked back but was so far down the lists (sometimes 100 or more). Then Sprint.com had them in stock for about 70 minutes and I was lucky enough to get one.

Some small town Wal-Marts have them as do some Sam's Clubs. A Best Buy or Sprint store may have them too.

They are worth the hunt.

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have never seen Sprint do "Back Orders" on the EVO. When they run out of stock their site typically says "Check back Soon"

Plus why would you back order directly from Sprint and then have to deal with the mail in rebate? Go to Best Buy, Radio Shack or even WalMart (I have seen plenty of EVO's at Walmart)

vindication84

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Sprint called yesterday to tell me my evo was ready and I picked it up today. That was really fast and the website is still sold out. Thanks everybody and this ego is awesome!!!

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I found mine yesterday at Best Buy. Radio Shack has been useless. My local one still won't even order one, "sorry but pre-orders aren't available right now." To date they have ordered one for a customer and that's it. And they wonder why they can't stay in business.