microsd card showing up only as 200MB

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So I boot my phone this morning and I notice that I get an SD card error. After formatting it, the card is only reporting 200MB total capacity? Anyone else have this happen to them?

I'm trying to reformat it with disk utility in os x, but that is not working. keep ending up with 200MB.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It's because of OSX. I just had this problem yesterday. Make sure when you use the disc utility in OSX you change it to one partition. OSX automatically puts in a hidden 200 know partition.

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's because of OSX. I just had this problem yesterday. Make sure when you use the disc utility in OSX you change it to one partition. OSX automatically puts in a hidden 200 know partition.

If you don't mind, can you walk me through this. I have thought that I've made sure to tell it 1 partition, but it doesn't rectify the problem. The parent drive in Disk Utility still shows as 209 MB total capacity.

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
When I go to format it, It creates almost a second partion. One cannot be mounted and can't be formatted into the FAT format. It stays as "GUI Parition Table"

This appears to be the problem, but I can't fix it for the life of me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21